Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
Gentleman K
1st Gear Newbie

Proud owner of a 97 328is...

Hi guys, newbie here....just recently purchased a '97 328is (please hold your applause). Wow, i've never had this much DRIVING. I get a silly-ass grin when I blow by honda civics @ 110+mph while taking a turn. (because anyone can stand on the pedal on a straightaway)

BMW 1997 328is

Anyways...as you can see it's pretty much stock on the outside, so i'm looking for suggestions to give it a more sportier look. Also i'd like to swap out the exhaust for something not so loud, but has a deep bass. I don't want the car to sound "Riced", but i'd like to at least feel and hear something while i'm in the car. Rightnow you can barely hear the car idle. (perhaps this is a good thing?)

At the moment i'm looking at an M3 front bumper and possibly those "angel eyes" for starters.

According to the previous owner it's got a M3 differential, K&N intake, adjustable shocks, and was lowered a couple of inches.

I'm still getting use to the gear ratios because i'll be cruising on the highway and it would sound & feel like I was still in 3rd gear. It amazes me that it still gots some "umph"..even in 5th gear.

Also please take a look at some of the pics I took of my parent's car: a '92 ('93?) 325is
Are these LED or CCFL based angel eyes?

More Pics

Thanks
Gentleman K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
JPBimmer
Who Got Keys To Bimmaz?

Send a message via MSN to JPBimmer
Well, I'll start by sayin "hi" Welcome to Maxbimmer.
And Beautiful car you have there! Hope your having fun with it!

your parents headlights are the same as mine just crap arse ebay ones.. go for about 120 american i think.
im pretty sure they have fits for 328's as well.

as for the outside i think you should put some m3 mirrors and an m3 style kit all the way around or a rieger kit. And some spliters.
and if the cash is still flowing go for a supersprint exhaust they sound beautiful.

Quote:
eh bro why dont we cruise down to palatzo in my honda civic bro... ** followed by a giant glow stick battle as if were living inf ucking star wars or something...McMattMan ROFL
JPBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:19 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Sportier appearance? can help
-m3 mouldings
-m3 mirrors
-m3 front/rear bumper
-clear tails
-clear sides
-clear corners
-black out your grille
-personally, i always think non stock cars should have non stock rims. that's really an opinion thing
-euro ellipsoids/hid's/angel eyes
-mabye m5 trunk spoiler?
-motorsport flag?
-velocity splitters?
-GTR style lip for m3 bumper?

and once you're done that. it'll look fast. come back and ask for suggestions how to make it fast

(yeah, 328's are ****ing awesome, dont let anyone tell you different. (see sig for explanation))

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
first off, car looks great stock in that color. nice pick

As mentioned before rims make a big difference in the looks and the handeling of the car. A nice set of 17 or 18 inch rims would probably set the car off nice. I'm not a big fan of the bigger rims on the E36 becuase the car was designed to handle well with 16" rim/tire combo and not the larger (ussually heavier) rims. But any size aftermarket rim will be an improvement. Some, like myself like the look of aother stock (larger) BMW rim on the E36.

The Full M package bumpers/skirts/mouldings ussually makes any E36 look more sporty and your color I think it would look *icey*

After the looks if you wanna keep that right foot happy start with the exhaust as per mentioned and then maybe go for some software and cams with the M50 manifold. I'm not a 328 driver but I think that would be suffiecient to keep you blowing past civics for a little while yet.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

Welcome to Maxbimmer & Congrad's on the new ride.
I think the exhaust you are looking for is Active Autowerks. Your lucky because there HQ is in Florida. I think its in Miami too. I don't have one, but some members on our forum do, and it sounds oh sooo good.
The things that propr'one & 325isbeemer listed is a good start to getting your ride up to par.
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: