Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #1
Crazy4Banger
3rd Gear Member

V1 gone

I had my Valentine 1 taken away today by the cops. I gave my car to a friend he was driving normally in Aurora, however a cop was behind him for a while. He pulled him over and asked specially for the radar, apparently he decteded it. Good thing is I still can carry a radar, he got a warning under his name. I will wait a month or so before getting a new one, see if a spectre protected radar comes out.

Cops won this round, but I will be back.
Crazy4Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
piran21
2nd Gear Member

Maybe the Beltronics STi Driver is for you...

GTADeal.ca
your one stop for group deals of the day
piran21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:09 AM   #3
Crazy4Banger
3rd Gear Member

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...sti_driver.asp

STi seems pretty promising, I might be getting this then.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
piran21
2nd Gear Member

Yeah that's the site that sold me too. I don't have one, but i'm consider getting one as well. The only question i have is if it's as good as detecting as it is good at hiding itself. I wonder what the police think about it or know about it.

GTADeal.ca
your one stop for group deals of the day
piran21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Prash
pimp slapped

Crazy4Banger, how effective was your V1? I've been contemplating one for a long time but I've been tentative about it since I hear that many detectors have false alarms. I know one guy in particular who had a detector which would go off if a GMC Truck with park sensors was in reverse near by.
Prash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Guys. a few suggestions(from my admittedly limited experience with radar detectors):

If you already have a warning for having a radar detector, DONT USE ONE. the 115$ fine at first offence isn't so bad, they can press charges if you are coninuously caught using one

ALWAYS have a crappy ebay radar detector in the car. _NEVER_ have it plugged in. If you ever get pulled over and the cop asks for it, just say "yes officer, i do have a radar detector. (show it to him). Is that a problem?" Ignorance is your only defence, they'll take the crappy detector away, leaving you with your V1, cobra, whatever.

The beltronics STI driver has gotten excellent reviews from many authorities on anti-lidar and anti-radar countremeasures. It is *supposedly* not suceptible to even the newest VG4 radar detector detector. However, i guarantee you that the police are fully aware of this product (its assembled in missisauga), and that eventually, there will be countermeasures available to detect the STI driver aswell.

goodluck and happy hunting

(lastly, someone had the suggestion of keeping a parcel box in your car, and if you ever get pulled over, throw the radar detector in there and seal it. It was said that once sealed it law treats it as postage, and the police cannot open it without a warrant. This may be true, but cops aren't retarded, and they'll end up giving you a ticket for not having mudflaps if you get too wisecrackish with them.)
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #7
Crazy4Banger
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash
Crazy4Banger, how effective was your V1? I've been contemplating one for a long time but I've been tentative about it since I hear that many detectors have false alarms. I know one guy in particular who had a detector which would go off if a GMC Truck with park sensors was in reverse near by.
Well you need to know how to effectively use a radar dectector. Its useless on busy streets because of all the door openers. But driving on the major highway 401/DVP/ roads up north, it was really usefully. There were'nt many false alarms on the highway, it saved me serveral times. Last year coming back from F1 in montreal, was doing 180 contantly with a pack of cars, the V1 went off 2 km before a police trap ahead. Also anytime I had really high strength signal (7-8 out of 8 dots) on the detector it usually was cop. Even radar traps on empty roads (no stores near by) the detector saved me. Its useless when cops use a laser gun, ran into that few times but wasn't speeding. Also I doubt Canadian cops carry the lastest radar detector detector. My radar was gone probably because the cop knew what to look for, plus he was tailing gating my friend for awhile.

Last edited by Crazy4Banger; 05-07-2006 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #8
Crazy4Banger
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
Guys. a few suggestions(from my admittedly limited experience with radar detectors):

If you already have a warning for having a radar detector, DONT USE ONE. the 115$ fine at first offence isn't so bad, they can press charges if you are coninuously caught using one

ALWAYS have a crappy ebay radar detector in the car. _NEVER_ have it plugged in. If you ever get pulled over and the cop asks for it, just say "yes officer, i do have a radar detector. (show it to him). Is that a problem?" Ignorance is your only defence, they'll take the crappy detector away, leaving you with your V1, cobra, whatever.

The beltronics STI driver has gotten excellent reviews from many authorities on anti-lidar and anti-radar countremeasures. It is *supposedly* not suceptible to even the newest VG4 radar detector detector. However, i guarantee you that the police are fully aware of this product (its assembled in missisauga), and that eventually, there will be countermeasures available to detect the STI driver aswell.

goodluck and happy hunting

(lastly, someone had the suggestion of keeping a parcel box in your car, and if you ever get pulled over, throw the radar detector in there and seal it. It was said that once sealed it law treats it as postage, and the police cannot open it without a warrant. This may be true, but cops aren't retarded, and they'll end up giving you a ticket for not having mudflaps if you get too wisecrackish with them.)

I was pulled over 2 times with the dectector in the car, both the times they didn't notice it.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
BMWF1

haha... i remember back in the day, i was stopped on teh 401 once while my friend was taking a piss down in the bushes...

Opp pulls up right behind us, asks us what you guys doing, i tell him my friend couldn't hold it, he asks for license and registration. I open my glove box and the V1 comes flying down, luckly the cop must have not noticed it. showed him teh papers and left...it was a close call and hand nothing to do with even using it.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #10
maxx318i
BMW Individual

Send a message via ICQ to maxx318i Send a message via MSN to maxx318i
sorry bout ur loss.

Here in BC, cops dont rlly care for radar detectors and they wouldnt DARE confiscating one.

SAFETY BY EDUCATION, NOT SPEED ENFORCEMENT
maxx318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:10 AM   #11
mirek
6th Gear Member

uhm, possibly because they're legal in BC, they're illegal in ontario.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #12
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^^ hahahaha owned.
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #13
BMWags
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Banger
http://www.radarbusters.com/products...sti_driver.asp

STi seems pretty promising, I might be getting this then.

http://www.radarbusters.com/resource...ideos/sti.html

check that out

i love how buddy cant pronounce "Spectre" speck-tree...lol, what an american
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: