Originally Posted by vadim321go
water polishing? explain
It's also known as "water sanding" However some of us call is "water polishing" since we use 3 steps of paste to the detailing, the secret is water which takes away material that has been sanded off.
Done a few different ways,
1) Start using a 1000 grit sand paper and send the car while having a stream of water running over the area that you are sanding.
2) Next use 1500 grit paper
3) Followed by 2000 grit sandpaper.
4) Then going to a coarse paste however finer then the 2000 grit paper.
5) Followed by a finer paste.
6) More finer paste then the previous. Keep in mind always using water.
7) After all of the sanding is done you use a polish to bring the shine up
8) Followed by more polish
9) The last step is a sealer.
This took me 2 1/2 days just to do one car, with a slow speed machine.
Once done the car is just like glass and this makes the paint look very deep.