Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-28-2006, 12:05 AM   #31
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
Look at the compression ratio, how the heck are you going to boost that? These engines were made for economy, not performance. They are pretty weak, you'll blow that thing to peices at 4-5psi. It's stupid to boost economy cars. I've seen so many blow up because the engines are just not designed for boost.

That sucks dude, my 318 stock would have beaten a Corolla S. Please, brag about something worth while.

Bry
Doubt you'd beat an XRS. Corolla S is just a Corolla with trims and "sport" suspension.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:31 AM   #32
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
Doubt you'd beat an XRS. Corolla S is just a Corolla with trims and "sport" suspension.
Huh? I never said I'd beat an XRS with a stock 318, infact, never even saw one in my entire life.
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:36 AM   #33
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
The XRS' 2ZZ is a GE motor- which in Toyota speak = the RACE motor! The FE motors are the econo-engines.

And about boost...already done, by Toyota Europe, they have a super special Corolla Compressor...215bhp!
Yeah but the boosted model isn't the same engine. That's the point I was trying to make. Just like the motor in the Volvo 850 GLE isn't the same motor in my 850 Turbo. They didn't just slap a turbo onto the 5 cyl. One has much higher compression and crappier internals, weaker block, etc.

It seems that economy car engines are boosted simply for bragging rights. You hardly ever see them run properly.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #34
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

The Corolla was NOT racing. They don't race it's a proven fact.
People that own Corolla vehicles buy them for fuel economy.
Going to WOT will ruin their overall MPG.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #35
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

I can't stand people who drive the older model corollas. It's like the type of people who buy them are naturally slow, they have no driving sense. The people who drive the newer models seem a bit better. I see a few spirited drivers once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
WOWWWWW..... think your KING SHIT now, ever since you got the Volvo!
lol, kev how many cars do you own that run? I have 2

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-28-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #36
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Theres nothing wrong with driving a coralla, if you have the right one!!

HATER!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #37
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldo
Theres nothing wrong with driving a coralla, if you have the right one!!

HATER!
lol, I honestly forgot that you had that AE86. I have seen those done properly with F/I, but none of the internals were stock. Boosting a stock econo box motor is a poor choice.

The ONLY reason (and I'm being really honest) that I don't like Jap cars is because they rust up and fall to peices after 6-8 years. Granted, they were designed to be replaced within that period of time, which is another thing I don't like, cars that are designed to be replaced. I seriously considered throwing all my money away to get an '94 NSX. But f*CK! $50-60K for a 12 year old Honda. Who knows how long the body will last. That's the main reason I opted for the cheaper, longer lasting Volvo. I love the NSX, even if it is a wannabe Ferrari.

Anyways, sorry to get off topic, back to the corollas!

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-28-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #38
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I agree with you for the most part bry, however, there are some great jap cars that are F/I (supra, rx-7, SKYLINES, etc.) that are untouchable when it comes to turbo's.

And the econoboxes can be just as good!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #39
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

[quote=Autotechnica]lol, I seriously considered throwing all my money away to get an '94 NSX. But f*CK! $50-60K for a 12 year old Honda. Who knows how long the body will last.

I believe the nsx bodies were made out of aluminum if I'm not mistaken.
I have yet to see a rusted out nsx

Also alot of titanium parts used everywhere else
Old 04-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #40
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

[quote=WhadUpp]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotechnica
lol, I seriously considered throwing all my money away to get an '94 NSX. But f*CK! $50-60K for a 12 year old Honda. Who knows how long the body will last.

I believe the nsx bodies were made out of aluminum if I'm not mistaken.
I have yet to see a rusted out nsx

Also alot of titanium parts used everywhere else
When I mean falling apart, it's not just the body. What about the sub-frames and chassis, that basically holds the entire car together. BTW, look at the milage of the NSX's on the auto trader, they are all around 50,000kms. They wouldn't have been driven long enough for the car to rust out. On the other hand, if I had an NSX, I would drive it all year round, why spend that much money on a car onyl to enjoy it 20% of the time you own it? But anyways, good to know that the body was all aluminum, didn't know that.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 04-28-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: