Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 AM   #1
JPBimmer
Who Got Keys To Bimmaz?

Send a message via MSN to JPBimmer
What Part Am I Missing?

http://www.geocities.com/r0ck_it/Res...rprobs_001.jpg All the moulding on the back of the original piece broke off. Anyone know where I can get piece from, or anyone have one available with the same tan interior. Its a greyish tan color.

Other Part: http://www.geocities.com/r0ck_it/Res...rprobs_003.jpg It falls down into the centre console is there supposed to be something underneither or how does it hold up? Wherebouts can i get this?

Thanks for the replies much appreciated!

Joel

Quote:
eh bro why dont we cruise down to palatzo in my honda civic bro... ** followed by a giant glow stick battle as if were living inf ucking star wars or something...McMattMan ROFL
JPBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

First piece is the A-pillar cover. Wrecker should have it.

Second piece, I have no clue. I thought it was a convertable top button, but your isnt a vert, so it may be a buttun to put the car in sport shifting mode.

Justin will see this soon and confirm.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
mirek
6th Gear Member

that's the automatic tranny switch for sport\snow i believe
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^winnar. doesn't look broken, just looks pushed in. use a screwdriver to pop out your window buttons, stick your hand in and see if you can pop it back up through the hole that formerly had your window button/lock in it

haha i saw your profile, "material handler"

quit stashing coke under your tranny, you'll have less problems

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
JPBimmer
Who Got Keys To Bimmaz?

I managed to get the button out but then i tryed to kinda put it back in place and it just fell right back into the console DOH! So What should I Do To try keep it up!lol
Coke haha I wish!

Quote:
eh bro why dont we cruise down to palatzo in my honda civic bro... ** followed by a giant glow stick battle as if were living inf ucking star wars or something...McMattMan ROFL
Old 04-26-2006, 02:03 AM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
1. yeah that's the A Pillar cover. I might have an extra one I can give you for free... I'll have to check. You will need to use needle nose plyers to remove the clips from the frame of the car before you put a new a pillar cover on. If you want to keep your old one in place you can put some goop or silicone on the back, put it on place and use masking tape to hold it up over night while it cures. Won't look any different from the front.

2. There are two metal clips on either end of the switch which hold it in place. I have some extras kicking around I'm sure. You can remove your window switches to see the metal tabs I'm talking about. Someone took the cover off the switch, and the metal retaining clip fell out... they probably didn't notice, or it got lost somewhere. They put the cover back on, and now it falls through.

edit: sorry, I just remembered.. I threw out the extra interior trim pieces I had around a month ago. I did the black headliner conversion a few years back, so I picked up some extra pieces in case I ruined the originals.

edit 2: I added a picture to show you what the metal clips look like. This picture is from a window switch, but they're the same clips used for all the switches on your console.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clip.jpg (80.8 KB, 44 views)
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:13 AM   #7
JPBimmer
Who Got Keys To Bimmaz?

Thanks Justin I'll Try To Goop The Old One And If That Doesn't Work I'll Get A Hold Of You And See If I Can Maybe Grab The Extra One You Have.

Quote:
Old 04-26-2006, 06:16 AM   #8
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Just apply goop to the places where the clips usually are, make sure you use masking tape or duct tape to hold the cover securely while it dries. Use the black (automotive) goop, not the clear (RV) one.. it's too rubbery and won't hold properly.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:22 PM   #9
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

I have what you are looking for including an ACS aluminum shifter and aluminum console if you are interested for $120 with the switch already mounted. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you pics.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

I also have the ACS auto pedals as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: