Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
j0nblayz
3rd Gear Member

rear camber adjust required, please help

hey guys, just installed some m3 suspension with h&r springs onto my 325i. My rear toes were wack so i went to get it aligned yesterday. But the thing was the place i went to couldn't adjust my rear camber since they didn't have the required weights for it. It was a ford shop, my girlfriend works there so i got cheap alignment, almost free, and all the other recommended shops for bmw alignment were solid booked for another week and a half. Anyways, my toes are now perfect, but my passenger rear camber is off, i can visually tell that the passenger rear goes in more. I want to do the camber adjustment myself tonight, gonna jack up that side and just adjust the lower control arm. From the report i got back, says its off by .4 degress, you think i will be able to adjust .4 degrees? how hard is it to adjust and what the steps i should take?
j0nblayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #2
mech9T8
3rd Gear Member

To my knowledge you cannot adjust the camber in the rear unless you buy adjustable rear control arms.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
j0nblayz
3rd Gear Member

actually, i think when i was lookin at the tires from the back the car might have been parked on a uneven surface. I checked again, and they seems to be same now. I dont htink i'm gonna worry too much about the camber yet.

what a difference a little drop can make. My car looks so much different now. heres some quick shots i took from my phone today after a car wash. Kinda dark though

j0nblayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #4
Andy E34

Send a message via MSN to Andy E34
Nice drop, looks great
Clean looking E36
Andy E34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:32 AM   #5
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech9T8
To my knowledge you cannot adjust the camber in the rear unless you buy adjustable rear control arms.
Sure you can. You just turn the bolt that mounts the lower control arm to the trailing arm. The bolt has an off-center ring on it that moves the trailing arm in-out as you rotate it. Btw, this will throw off your toe. It might be best to live with it until you can get a proper alignment done.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:36 AM   #6
Rampage
6th Gear Member

Looking good! Loving the Alpine White

never been a fan of eyelids though, I dunno
Old 04-22-2006, 02:42 AM   #7
j0nblayz
3rd Gear Member

i put on the eyelids long time ago, and now everytime i remove the eyelids, the headlights dont look right to me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: