Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
keven
2nd Gear Member

random beeping!!

well i dont know if this is me just going crazy but ill be driving and i will here to random beeps out of no where but no CEL light comes on or anything and its not my dorr i know that much. I apreciate any input
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
moto-menace
3rd Gear Member

how often is it?
i know if u hit that memo button or somthin it will beep every hour, or however long u set it 2 beep..mine beeps 1 minute before each hour.
also beeps when the temperature changes and stuff..maybe that?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:25 AM   #3
JNSchnitzer
Christ is King

yep mine beeps 1 minute after each hour
JNSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:30 AM   #4
fletch
M50B20 Engine

Send a message via MSN to fletch
mine when the temperature hits +3c will beeps how can i reset this or cancel it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki kid
how often is it?
i know if u hit that memo button or somthin it will beep every hour, or however long u set it 2 beep..mine beeps 1 minute before each hour.
also beeps when the temperature changes and stuff..maybe that?
fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:45 AM   #5
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
the chime (gong) will come on when:

- temperature DROPS to 3 degrees celcius, or when starting the car and it is already 3 or colder out. This is a notification to let you know to beware of possible black ice on the road. Additionally, this is when your heated mirrors and heated windshield washer nozzles are turned on. The temperature display on your OBC will blink as well.

- when you press the MEMO button on your OBC. A small graphic will appear on your On Board Computer that looks like ·∙| ... this will chime one minute before every hour to remind you in case you have a favorite track on the radio you'd like to tune in to.

- When the CHECK control feature on your 11+ button OBC recognizes a fault, to get your attention to the OBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch
mine when the temperature hits +3c will beeps how can i reset this or cancel it?
It can not be disabled without disconnecting the gong under your dashboard.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:40 AM   #6
makker
2nd Gear Member

Justin, my outside temp sensor is a bit messed up, and currently reads -35 all the time. Does that mean my mirror heater, etc will be active for the entire time the car is running?
makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:25 AM   #7
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by makker
Justin, my outside temp sensor is a bit messed up, and currently reads -35 all the time. Does that mean my mirror heater, etc will be active for the entire time the car is running?
Indeed it does, it also means your car will be given much much more fuel when you're starting it up, as the computer believes it is -35 degrees outside, so the air/fuel mixture is adjusted to ensure it starts up. You probably notice when you start the car, the tachometer rises way up before it settles. Good chance that it idles high until the engine warms up fully too.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Indeed it does, it also means your car will be given much much more fuel when you're starting it up, as the computer believes it is -35 degrees outside, so the air/fuel mixture is adjusted to ensure it starts up. You probably notice when you start the car, the tachometer rises way up before it settles. Good chance that it idles high until the engine warms up fully too.
Not true. The air temp sensor that feeds the OBC isn't the same as the one that feeds the ECU. The OBC sensor is in the left brake duct, the ECU temp sensor is in the intake manifold. I know this because I had to relocate my intake temp sensor when I did the M50 manifold swap.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #9
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Not true. The air temp sensor that feeds the OBC isn't the same as the one that feeds the ECU. The OBC sensor is in the left brake duct, the ECU temp sensor is in the intake manifold. I know this because I had to relocate my intake temp sensor when I did the M50 manifold swap.
Maybe it's different for M42's? I disconnected my temp sensor to enable the heated mirrors when I was doing the custom wiring for them, and when starting the car, the change was obvious right away.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:22 PM   #10
bimrboy
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to bimrboy
thanks for answering this questions I was wondering the same thing, my car beeps 3 times and flashes 3C when I started it up this week a couple times.
bimrboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: