Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #1
vector
1st Gear Newbie

pvc valve, hose .....

can i remove the hose from the valve cover to the throttle body, and just stick a breather filter on the valve cover. i hate anything that makes it dificult to work on the car. in which case this hose gets in my way when i goto change my injectors.
vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
how often do you change your injectors or have to remove that hose?
doesn't that hose have something to do with equalizing pressure or something like that?
that does a breather filter do? i see a bunch of hondas always have them.
i would like jordan's opinion on this

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:21 PM   #3
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector
can i remove the hose from the valve cover to the throttle body, and just stick a breather filter on the valve cover. i hate anything that makes it dificult to work on the car. in which case this hose gets in my way when i goto change my injectors.
Yes and yes especially if your engine has high miliage and you have higher back pressure. Had a breather on my valve cover on my turbocharged m20 and it ran fine.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
vector
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis
doesn't that hose have something to do with equalizing pressure or something like that?
like my honda does? lol

so its alright then, well i put the stock injectors back in because i thought there was somthing wrong with the bigger ones that came installed when i bought the car, i'm now learning that its not the case and that other things were causing the problem ( rail for power was gonna conected properly, and fuel regulator was shot). So, i'm going to put the bigger ones back in but that hose is such a a-hole at trying to get through the intake and inbetween the fuel rail, not to mention it isnt soft, so when i try to hook it up, it feels like its going to break off.

i'd rather just stick a breather on it, i did this to some other cars and didnt seem to bother them. just wanted to check on this one, thanks guys.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis
PCV means Positive Crankcase Ventilation King and it's activated by the engines vaccum which allows it to extract fumes and to some degree "equalize crank case pressure"

Old 03-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Also note its illegal to remove that hose bcus if you do you are venting fumes into the atmosphere. Its part of the emissions system and you are not allowed to remove any of it legally.

You'll get a ticket if you ever get hassled by the cops and are asked to pop ur hood.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
like my honda does? lol

so its alright then, well i put the stock injectors back in because i thought there was somthing wrong with the bigger ones that came installed when i bought the car, i'm now learning that its not the case and that other things were causing the problem ( rail for power was gonna conected properly, and fuel regulator was shot). So, i'm going to put the bigger ones back in but that hose is such a a-hole at trying to get through the intake and inbetween the fuel rail, not to mention it isnt soft, so when i try to hook it up, it feels like its going to break off.

i'd rather just stick a breather on it, i did this to some other cars and didnt seem to bother them. just wanted to check on this one, thanks guys.
If you are doing this just to make injector replacement dont do it. If you had severe back pressure and you were spraying oil into the PCV, then yes.

Just replace your injectors and reinstall the PCV

Old 03-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #8
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
Its illegal to remove that hose bcus if you do you are venting fumes into the atmosphere. Its part of the emissions system and you are not allowed to remove any of it legally.

You'll get a ticket if you ever get hassled by the cops and are asked to pop ur hood.
Yup could be true, but most cops would not know the difference anyways, like they were asking someone here if the big red cable from the +ive battery was for his NOS.

Not bashing cops nor encouraging lawbreaking, some cops are my friends.

It is part of the emission system and thats the first component they suggest changing if you failed an e test.

Old 03-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #9
vector
1st Gear Newbie

yet its legal to let 1/2 the cars out there drive around blowing blue/black, i dont think where i live its going to be a problem. after all my honda has been completely stripped of vacuum, electric and emmeions controls, i even took the choke out, and that car has never run better .

from my understanding, these cars dont have much of emissions compared to other makes.

Last edited by vector; 03-13-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #10
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
yet its leagle to let 1/2 the cars out there drive around blowing blue/black, i dont think where i live its going to be a problem. after all my honda has been completely stripped of vacuum, electric and emmeions controls, i even took the choke out, and that car has never run better .
Holy Shit, you alone maybe was responsible for the warm winter we had this year. You are probably contribute 50% to global warming with your emission free Honda Don't they do e testing there?

Old 03-13-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
vector
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
Holy Shit, you alone maybe was responsible for the warm winter we had this year. You are probably contribute 50% to global warming with your emission free Honda Don't they do e testing there?

LMAO, maybe, me and about 4-5 other hondas that run like that, mostly older 3g's like mines carb'd, i'm in Kelowna BC, air care is optional here. not like alittle down south where its required. the way i look at it, nothing pollutes more than a desiel.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #12
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
LMAO, maybe, me and about 4-5 other hondas that run like that, mostly older 3g's like mines carb'd, i'm in Kelowna BC, air care is optional here. not like alittle down south where its required. the way i look at it, nothing pollutes more than a desiel.
Shit the rate you are going at, I will have a winter coat garage sale, cause I wont need em for next winter.

Old 03-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #13
fitz318is
2nd Gear Member

We should all do our part.

Just say yes to cats and PCV.
fitz318is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: