Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
Bruno
4th Gear Member

My new Sachs race clutch

I finaly installed my race clutch this week end... Do I need it, no, but it was a good deal so I upgraded my 10kg (22lb)ltw flywheel and stock clutch with the Sachs BMW race clutch 7kg (15.4lb) total weight.

As seen in the pics, it is smaller than the stock one so I had to make some modification to the clutch activation system to shift the pilot bearing travel 20mm forward. I also installed an aluminium heavy duty pilot bearing instead of the plastic one.

Well, the race clutch doesn't allow much slippage so it is pretty hard to get used to, but should make the car easier to rev. I will dyno it again once I install the 24# injectors and 3.5" AFM, modified intake and oil cooler. I hope to get my 2.8l engine up to 275 - 280Hp.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
Furious
BMW again.

can i ask how much it ran you? and what clutch did you have before?
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
Bruno
4th Gear Member

The picture on the left is what I had before JB Racing flywheel with brand new OEM Clutch (sold for the price of the flywheel).
Cost me less than 900 Cdn with the cluch mechanism modification (required some welding). The clutch was in a European Racing BMW (probably a 320i Touring car). Sachs is selling the clutch kit for BMW... probably more than 1500 US, I have the part # for whoever is interested.

Old clutch setup.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: