Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
PelicanGolf2
Stuck in traffic

Staffing / Recruitment Agencies

Why is it that all the jobs posted on Workopolis / Monster are all staffing agencies? And they are all crap. First you apply, as if you are applying for the job posted, then they call you and talk to you about your "Resume", then the say they are going to submit your resume on your behalf and they won't tell you what companies the hand them into (you'll look like an idiot if you apply in some other fashion to the same companies). So I call back a few weeks later to get an update and it is as if they have never heard of me, then they offer to submit my resume for a job that - A. I would never do and B. I am clearly over qualified for.

Now I'm not tuting my own horn, but I am a Licensed Tool and Die Maker, given the appropriate tools, I can make anything out of a block of steel, that is beside the point, why would you submit a Toolmakers resume for a machine operator position or a production assembly worker for $9 dollars an hour.

Bunch of bastards if you ask me, "time wasters", and I absolutely have no time for "time wasters". But you can't just walk around an industrial park and hand in your resumes, because companies are like, "cha, why do we spend so much $$ on highspeed internet, this guy should just email it". Thats how it is a my shop anyway. I am even willing to work 1 day for free to prove how good of a toolmaker I am.

I guess these egits and agencies feel that they have done a community service by trying to help people find jobs. Maybe for some people but I say

to staffing agencies.

Does anybody know any well to do companies that would like to hire a good tool and Die maker with a little MFG engineering expirience?
I have been all over Monster and Workopolis. No bites yet.
PelicanGolf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #2
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
have any experience with PVC foam?

I'm assuming you know how to operate EDM machines...

Last edited by myndgone; 02-20-2006 at 09:30 PM.
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
You realize of course, he owns you now

(im kidding, myndgone's a good guy, if he can help you out im sure he will)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
abc12
4th Gear Member

how much do u make as an tool and tie maker ne ways
abc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

workopolis and monster.ca is 90% BULL$hit imo.....hardly any worthwhile jobs listed on there....and when tehre are their usually gone within DAYS.

they say 80% of the jobmarket's jobs are NOT advertised at all....so maybe cold calling would be ur best bet
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
PelicanGolf2
Stuck in traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by myndgone
have any experience with PVC foam?

I'm assuming you know how to operate EDM machines...

Nope can't say that I do, but I am a fast learner, and I take my work seriously, if it is something new I work on it until I know it.

As far as EDM goes, I know of it, I work with jobs that require EDM, I know the processes involved, but i have never steup a Sink or Wire EDM, well I did in college, but that was kind of lame. I know the theory behind it, but never worked on anything significant. Any other machine you can name, I can run.

Hey thanks for pointing out my weakness.
PelicanGolf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:37 AM   #7
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PelicanGolf2
Hey thanks for pointing out my weakness.

Like i knew, eh...
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
DAN328
2nd Gear Member

i hated agencies like that, they basically pimp your ass out and get 1/3 of your income for the 1st 3 months.. (you get $10 hr, but really getting 15$).

my friends did that shit...

Nothing better then being your own boss and doing your own stuff and saying "**** you, eat my shit world!"

DAN328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: