Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #16
rhythm
3rd Gear Member

It's all in your head.
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:20 AM   #17
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

whats the diff between a migraine and a normal headache?
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:27 AM   #18
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
whats the diff between a migraine and a normal headache?

Answer from previous post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
How about lack of nutrition? You taking a multivitamin, eating properly? B-complex is known for relieving headaches, as well as niacin, calcium, riboflavin, and magnesium.

Also note that additives such as MSG, aspartame (often found in diet drinks and chewing gum), tartrazine, and tyramine can cause migrane headaches.

All things to look into, as well as your possible dehydration which can cause migranes which quickly. I would also get a full blood test done, as well as a urine test done to verify your blood levels are in check, your not lacking anything, and that your neurological migrane is not the result of a possibly more serious problem such as possible epilepsy, hypertension, angina, or asthma.

Also, how do you know that what you have is not just a reoccuring headache, instead of a migrane? How was it diagnosed? There is a very big difference between a headache and a migrane. A migrane is the inflammation/expansion of the blood vessels in your cranium, whereas a headache is caused the opposite, narrowing of the blood vessels. Therefore treatment for the two are also very different, if there is a misdiagnosis and you are treated for a migrane as you would a headache, the problem can become worse.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:39 AM   #19
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
J, I told the doc my symptoms, he checked me out (normal listen to chest crap) then sent me to get x rays of my sinuses. All checked out fine. He said "I think they are just migranes" and left it at that.

I think I should go for a physical though, I used to get physicals all the time on a surgery related matter have not had one since I was cleared for that about 8 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
I would also get a full blood test done, as well as a urine test done to verify your blood levels are in check, your not lacking anything, and that your neurological migrane is not the result of a possibly more serious problem such as possible epilepsy, hypertension, angina, or asthma.
I used to have fairly serious asthma.. hmmm

Stanceiseverything.com

Last edited by BMW BMXer; 12-13-2005 at 01:41 AM.
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #20
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
I get REALLY bad headachs/migrains.

I always wake up with them and they are always over my right eye and behind my eye. (feels like someone is pushing my eye out of my head from the inside)

I have been to the doctor had the tests and they still can't tell me why I get them. The only thing that works (if it is bad enough it only helps) is Advil migrains.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #21
Mohamed 525i
Blond Eagle

I have strong headache since 5 month and no doctor knowing why, he said its not migrane, I feel headache on my front head to my eyes, made may scanners, xrays and every thing is fine, alos eye test and eye blood test were ok

I don't know why

E34 540i Manual
Eibakh Pro Kit | Blistein Shocks | EAT Chip | Racing Dynamics Front Stressbar | Racing Dynamics Swaybar Kit | 850cis Front Brake Kit | Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors All Arround | Hawk Street And Racing Brake Pads |Angel Eyes | 8000k HID Xenon Kit All Arround | Plasma Coils | JB Racing Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel

SOLD!! E38 740il

Searching for E39 M5 .......
Mohamed 525i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:37 AM   #22
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Doctors suck.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 02:39 PM   #23
M3Ab
Pakman

Tell your doctor to prescribe you a tablet calld IMITREX, very strong stuff and works well for migraine sufferers. Expensive little suckers though, so hopefully you have a drug plan.
M3Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:20 PM   #24
sjinto
3rd Gear Member

try the chiropractor... especially if you get neck pain + migraine

not a cure but it'll probably help

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: