Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
jeffrie
Addict

Acura/Honda-engineswap Guru.

Helping out a friend who has cooked his 1.6 SOHC 2000 Civic engine.
Can get an 94 Acura integra 1.8 DOHC car & Engine for next to nothing.
So my question, can we swap out his blown 1.6 with the 1.8 into his 2000 Civic?

Info or reference to a site were I could find the info would be appreciated.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:31 PM   #2
///MP
Purveyor of Useless Info

Now you're gonna make me think waaay back to my Honda days...haha. As the kids get dumber and dumber every year, the quality of most H/A sites has really gone downhill to the point where I can't really recommend any. The best thing to do is to actually talk to someone who does D to B swaps. (If you ever need info on an F to H22 swap, I am the guy to talk to!) But for the smaller motors, I recommend Ken at IPC in Brampton (905.791.2277). There's nothing that guy doesn't know about H/A vehicles, just do your research and don't ask stupid questions.

However, the problem I see with this swap is that's gonna be a OBD II to OBD I conversion. You'll never pass emissions. Plus the ECU harness is different. It's too much work quite frankly. Your friend will be better off if he sticks with OBD II motors.

MP
///MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
felixthecat6
3rd Gear Member

Your gonna need some different motor mounts..that much i remeber,theres stock ones that fit for the swap but i cant remeber what cars there from...
felixthecat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:50 PM   #4
///MP
Purveyor of Useless Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat6
Your gonna need some different motor mounts..that much i remeber,theres stock ones that fit for the swap but i cant remeber what cars there from...
Hasport is the best for these:

http://www.hasport.com/Products/Mounts.htm

MP
///MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:59 AM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

you wont need hasport mounts, use the stock integra mounts...everything is complete plug and play, replace the harness, ecu, and swap everything from the teg into the civic.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #6
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze
you wont need hasport mounts, use the stock integra mounts...everything is complete plug and play, replace the harness, ecu, and swap everything from the teg into the civic.
The answer I was hoping for.
Sounds a little too good to be true.
Guy was mentioning that his Haynes manual was for Acura integra, Honda civic, and Honda C.R.V.
from 94-2000. Makes me think it really could be this simple.
Still looking for some guy's with H/A experience.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

Last edited by jeffrie; 02-17-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MP

You'll never pass emissions.
MP

That's one thing we are lucky for in Quebec. We don't have to worry about E-testing(thank-god).

Jeff, who's car you doing and like //MP said E-testing, I hope he lives on our side of the river...So he doesn't have to do that...

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #8
jeffrie
Addict

Scott Sevard's Civic. Emissions isn't manditory in this project but we would like it to be able to pass anyway if it had to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: