Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #16
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
yeah certain numbers on your postal code represent certain sections of the area you live in, and different numbers/letters increases/decreases your insurance. (of course, i doubt it's significant change)
B.S.
Try it again you'll get a different rate everytime with any postal code.
The only part that makes anything cheaper by being away from a city is on registration (like me) only $225 a year to register instead of $255 becuase of no bus services.
For my BMW & my Van it's 380 a year for both taxes included regardless were in Qubec I live.
And to be eligable to be insured in Qubec all you need besides a permanent address is to somehow be able to prove you spend at least 50% of your time their.
Ontario really does suck

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:23 AM   #17
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Just goes to show how much money we throw out the trash can here. Really really sad.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #18
BMWF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
So me and my bro's gf were checking out insurance for 93 Golf Hatch for her at kanetix.ca
In Ontario, it came out to 4600 a year. We decided to try Montreal, guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? ???????????????

380 a year, thats right three hundred ****ing eighty.

Screw Ontario, I'm moving to Quebec.

EDIT.....
Ok, change of plans. Quebec sucks. I just tried my bimmer and its 1000 more than my current insurance. It is really weird though, cause VW is 1200 in Ontario, but it is 450 in QC.
your stupid, why not use all this time you have on your hands to try to get laid.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #19
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
ok so howbout we all pitch 500$ and buy a property in beavertonsville, NS, and all live there in our homosexual lifepartner community, and register our cars there?

i knew it!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #20
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF1
your stupid, why not use all this time you have on your hands to try to get laid.
yes but if he 1st uses some free time to save money, he'll have more to spend for getting laid?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #21
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quebec is only good for the insurence(Like Jeffrie said I pay $255 a year for plates and $800 a year full coverage on my 94 318is and my 96 ford contour), but when it comes to taxes we get taxed on tax(figure that one out) And I beleive it does matter where you live the guy who owned the car before me lived in south montreal and the place looked like the bronx, bordered up windows on building etc...and he was paying over 2g's for one side on his car...and I'm paying $550 for both sides and live 30 minutes outside of Ottawa in a town of 15,000 people

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:41 PM   #22
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

I actually partially looked into it, my cousin and her husband live in laval, and brought the idea to me, but there is way too much to try to hide, and if you get caught, then you'll really screw yourself over. As mentioned, you need a valid Quebec address, place of employment, drivers lisence, yada yada yada.

True, insurance and housing is soooooo much cheaper than the GTA, but there are pros and cons to everything. They're french for one (Im just playing) Seriously thought, there is way too much to deal with, and too much at stake, should you have a collision of any sort.

If you have parents that live in say Brockville, and "live at home", its much easier to save hundreds on insurance. Any boonieville(not the GTA) city will be significantly cheaper, just because of all the attention were getting with modified cars, and F&F bullshit, not to mention all the "street racing". We have too much negative attention on us, and insurance companies see us as high risk drivers.

Best way to save on insurance, is to try and keep your lisence clean.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #23
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar318is
Quebec is only good for the insurence(Like Jeffrie said I pay $255 a year for plates and $800 a year full coverage on my 94 318is and my 96 ford contour), but when it comes to taxes we get taxed on tax(figure that one out) And I beleive it does matter where you live the guy who owned the car before me lived in south montreal and the place looked like the bronx, bordered up windows on building etc...and he was paying over 2g's for one side on his car...and I'm paying $550 for both sides and live 30 minutes outside of Ottawa in a town of 15,000 people
Doesn't matter were you live Tony your getting ripped.
Then again from what I remember about your record maybe not.
My Bro's regestered to insure in Qubec too, everything comes up on his screen when he's doing a quote, even the stuff that their not supposed to take into account due to time passed & cleared. Insurance is evil.
I'v been lucky and have managed to keep a perfect record since I was 17 and only one sided.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #24
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
Doesn't matter were you live Tony your getting ripped.
Then again from what I remember about your record maybe not.
My Bro's regestered to insure in Qubec too, everything comes up on his screen when he's doing a quote, even the stuff that their not supposed to take into account due to time passed & cleared. Insurance is evil.
I'v been lucky and have managed to keep a perfect record since I was 17 and only one sided.

I don't know man $800 a year for 2 vehicles(2 years ago I was paying close to $900 just for the BMW)...full coverage....I don't think I'm getting ripped I shopped around and these were the cheapest compared to groulx and what not.....At one point I was paying $660 for occasional driver on a 94 tercel....My record right now 2 points for doing 130 in a 100 zone That was Canada day 2004....I should talk to Trev and see what rates he can give me and where is he working now?

Speaking of witch, I just got my bill for my license, 86$ and the little paper they send it says that by-law in Quebec your front windows cannot be tinted more then 70% or else it's $100 minimum....cops never bothered me for my 15% yet...thank god...

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #25
jstalin
capitalism=crisis

That's quite the difference. In Quebec insurance companies do not charge you for collision, which is why the insurance rates here are typically higher. Mind you, the license is more expensive in PQ.

But for my car to be insured in Quebec, it would be $3800. I pay $1400 here. So it's not always cheaper.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #26
///Maluco
5erholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
The further you live from major city, the cheaper it is.
This is so true.....but WHY?
I hear this saying so much, and it makes me laugh every time.

Considering that in the suburbs you need to generally take your car out to go anywhere, many use it to drive into the GTA, etc....out of the city residents will put on more mileage than most city residents...now you go figure!!!
I would think that most serious accidents (those with higher claims such as medical etc...) are caused by people driving more km's per year.
Sure there are those claims such as break-ins, scratches in parked areas, but don't you think that the major costs for insurance companies are those long term medical expenses!?!?

I especially hate it when they (insurance companies) start whining to me about how much they had to pay for this and that disaster (remember that ice storm...that was one example), meanwhile the following year they had some ridiculous profit......and why wouldn't they....seeing as they raised everyone rates (mine up by $300 at the time)....and now multiply that by the amount of people who obviously need insurance for their daily commute...voila = a quick turn-around in financial dept.

What I don't understand is what they do with the money paid to them during the times when there were no disasters? Natural disasters don't happen that frequently to always warrant a premium increase!

My apologies for the long read....I just had to vent over insurance companies.
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #27
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
^ I agree sine most poeple who live outside GTA come here to work.

Also what pisses me off is that it costs so much to insure 2 cars. If say a premium for my 240sx is 3200 a year, and for a Civic it would be say 2000 a year. If I buy a Civic, why would I have to pay for both? If I can only drive one car at a time, wouldn't it make sense to just charge me whatever the more expensive one is? Since with 2 cars I'm be driving half as much as I used to with one car...
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: