Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-24-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
moto-menace
3rd Gear Member

third brakelight removal

i heard that only north american bmws are equipped with the third brake light (the one in the rear window) and apparently when the euro spec e36 m3's came over that was one of the things mandated inorder 2 allow them over here...so, i have one, and i want to delete the third brake light, and i assume the european cars (in europe) must have a different rear dash? (i duno what u would call that piece behind the rear seats under the rear window) anyways, im assuming they must have a version of that piece only flat that doesnt have that added spot for the brakelight...anyone know what its called and how i could get one?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:56 AM   #2
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
It's a new rear window shelf you need. Is your M3 shelf black, or grey? The only place I know where you can get one is from the dealership. The convertible rear windoe shelf is different.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Kawasaki kid, for now, you might want to just pull the wire for the 3rd light. im not sure if this throws the code, i'd assume it would

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:44 AM   #4
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
^ I think he wants to turn it back to eurospec.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
moto-menace
3rd Gear Member

ok, so ill price one out at the dealership, also ill try n get my friend in germany to find me one...maybe ill even pull mine out first and depending on how expensive they are i may be able 2 fabricate my own with fiberglass or somthing, or mod the existing one... Btw its black justin. i hadnt even thought about that code and i bet you're right proprone it will probably say brakelight fail and i definately dont want that, so is there a way i can over ride/reset or trick it so it doesnt?

Last edited by moto-menace; 01-25-2006 at 11:48 AM.
moto-menace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: