Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
Unhappy Need some advice

Ok guys (and gals) My fiance dropped a bomb on me tonight and i need some advice as to what you guys would do.

First a little background info. I was born on long island NY where i lived till i was about 12, from there i moved to here Pennsylvania where i have been for the last 12-13 years or so. About a year ago, after taking care of my parents house for a few years while they lived in florida they came back and sold the house and i now live on my own in an apartment. Basicly what it comes down to, is i left all my friends behind b4 it sucked it was hard i left behind everything i knew. Now here where i live is everything i know and everyone i know Ive just gotten used to living where i am and being comfy with everything.

So my girl calls me last night and tells me that she has something big to discuss with me and needs to do it in person. When she came home today we sat down and had a talk. Her parents own and run their own business, And in recent events they ran into some trouble and would like my fiance to come work for them to help them, and as luck would have it (whether it be good or bad) they also have one of their employees quiting who has a fairly important job. He is the warehouse manager for their company, and My girl recomended me for the job. Needless to say they loved the idea and want to take me on. In taking this job they will provide me with an apartment that they own and charge me about what i pay now which isnt that much, and the apartment is literally next door to where i work so i wouldnt have to cummute ever, id save a ton on gas and milage on my car, and id be taking home about twice as much as i do now each month. With all that money id have my car and all my debts payed off in no time.

Now i know all that sounds good, and i was totally on board untill she droped the real big bomb. Which is i have to decide if i want to do this in about 2 weeks. I have about 2 weeks to give an answer and if i say yes, in about 2 months im moving to conneticut.

Granted me and my fiance already made plans to move to Maine when we get married but that is'nt for about another 2 years or so. So in that case i had time, time to get ready time to prepare time to make sure i had things taken care of and most importantly time to spend with my friends and say goodbye.

And as another downer im on a year lease with my current apartment, if i break it b4 the year is up i lose my deposit and between the time i leave and the time the next occupant moves in if it turns out to be like 2 months, i still have to pay rent here till someone else moves in. Granted if i do decide to go i can inform the landlord and give them 2 months to find someone to move in, but i think ill still lose my deposit.

So i dont know what to do, i mean i can make real good money, pay all my debts off, we can go to hawaii for our honey moon all that stuff, But i have to basicly drop my life and just go and say bye to all my friends and everything i know pretty much now.

So knowing all that hearing all that, what would you guys do. Please try and be serious, jokes are cool but i need some real opinions here.

oh and as for the town, its a small quiet broing country town, nothing exciting, for miles really. I dont mind that, but ill be cut off from alot of things unless i travel.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: