Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Liberal 26 29.55%
Conservative 26 29.55%
New Democratic Party (NDP) 18 20.45%
Bloc Québécois 1 1.14%
Green Party 12 13.64%
CHP 1 1.14%
Other 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #46
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal

For all the people who are not voting, why not just vote for Green Party? This way you don't have to choose between the two dominat evils (liberals and conservatives). Green Party is a party with morale.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #47
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
For all the people who are not voting, why not just vote for Green Party? This way you don't have to choose between the two dominat evils (liberals and conservatives). Green Party is a party with morale.
in other words, vote for a party that will not win just so when people ask if you voted you can say yes and they will not complain and say every vote counts and you shouldn't complain about the government and blah blah blah.

i did it last time there was an election. i voted NDP cause i knew they were going to lose.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:04 PM   #48
Skimeister
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Skimeister Send a message via AIM to Skimeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
Everyone has some things they are conservative about and some things they are liberal about.

Im going conservative although I disagree with their abortion stance.

I figure, Liberals are crooks and every other party will not be able to get anything done... Conservatives FTW.
Well Dont let the name of the parties fool you. For example in Australlia, John Howard’s Liberals have been in power for a long time now, and Australlian "Liberals" are actually a "right-wing" party; they are opposed by the Labor party which is left-wing. Just goes to show that a name doesn’t really mean much.
This can be very confusing to the non-politically savvy, because they’ll think that Conservative = non liberal (and I mean “liberal” in a true sense of a word), which is not necessarily true. These days "conservative" tend to have a somewhat negative ring to it, people tend to assoiciate it with "old-boys club" white rich christian men. This is the image Canadian Conservatives need to distance themselfs from, because in reality Canadian Conservative party is just about fiscal "conservatism" which is a good thing, as well as preserving Canada and Canadian values instead of squandering our values under the label of "political corectness", and allowing Canada and Canadian Laws to be bullied on its own terrirory which Liberals have have done so successfully. I guess to sum it up when we are talking about this election, "conservative" just means "responsible" and standing up for Canada as a country and not some dump that will allow anyone and anything. Needles to say, I voted CONS.

If you are unsure about where you stand politically, here is a very quick "political compass" test that will ask you a variety of questions and will tell you exactly where you stand politically. It will also tell you where you are in relation to some current and historic political figures such as Bush and Ghandi. Its a great way to decide without being biased by the party names "liberal" vs "conservative" vs "NDRP". So check it out:

http://www.politicalcompass.org/
Skimeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #49
James325I
3rd Gear Member

I am undecided still, but leaning towards someone other than the incumbents. With the Gomery report and all.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #50
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis
in other words, vote for a party that will not win just so when people ask if you voted you can say yes and they will not complain and say every vote counts and you shouldn't complain about the government and blah blah blah.

i did it last time there was an election. i voted NDP cause i knew they were going to lose.
Depends.. voting for any of the minor party's is about making a statement and voicing an opinion as to what you feel is important. No vote is a lost vote.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #51
Jari
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Depends.. voting for any of the minor party's is about making a statement and voicing an opinion as to what you feel is important. No vote is a lost vote.
Agree with that. No matter what your political stripe, don't forget that the new party funding laws in Canada give $1.75 for each vote the party gets. If you beleive in the party's vision and values, you should vote for them even if they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning because your vote will help fund their cause for the next election.

Political parties are severly restricted with the ways they can raise money and elections are a major source of income for them.
Jari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #52
dreamgrl
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
I seriously want to give Layton a chance- he's a hardworking guy that the normal Canadian joe can relate to- his party is there to stand up the regular guy...but a vote for Layton would be like a vote wasted because he won't win.

SO...in order of preference (top 4 parties)
1. Liberal
2. NDP
3. Conservative
4. Bloc
Same here. Can't stand Harper.
dreamgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:19 PM   #53
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
The problem with the liberal party, they are the demon that they portray the cons to be. The war in Iraq? Martin voted for it. Healthcare? It's in the current state due to Martin's cuts as finance minister, and has been privatized under Martin's watch. Gutting social programs? How do you think the liberals ended up with all those surpluses? Tax cuts? Martin gives one of the countries biggest tax cuts one year after demonizing harper about it during the 2004 campaign.

Besides gay marriage and scandals, what exactly have they done for us?
I'm voting liberal
Why? All that surplus he makes cutting health care from all the abusers wasting medicare by going in everytime they have a headake has been redirected into something more important. Emergency Response is where I work every day. Since Martin has been in office I'v personaly have gotten a 10K yearly raise, department is actualy funded now Millions more in the budget and going up yearly, remember the Sars discrace and West Nile embarresments. Liberals (Martin mainly) have since fixed this ie Tammy Flu were prepared for an all out outbreak, before their was nothing.
Now doing their best to not continualy get raped up the ass from the lumber dispute with the U.S. (priced wood latly?) Funny how a sheet of ply wood double the same week the Iraq war started.
Now as for Harper, reminds me just like Bush. Lost the first election but now comes back to change the rules with an unknow source of infinite $$$. Geuss it's a little different then how Bush did it, daddy pulling the strings for son. Most likly would also agree to bend over and let the U.S. continue raping us since the trade disagreement's constantly prosponed (waiting for the elections I'm sure), Harper will screw us just like Maroony did IMO.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #54
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Liberal
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: