Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #46
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstalin
The comp won't stop running due to a cracked casing you tit. Why don't you try backing up some of your obtuse observations? I've yet to hear of laptop casings or hinges randomly cracking due to cheap plastics. You're a typical uneducated american-minded consumer, owned by the brand the marketing companies pitch to you.
you're arguing a point that ONLY you believe in. you're lying to yourself.

buying a laptop strictly based on the processor?
although the processor is the "core" of the computer, there is much more to a laptop to a processor to make it a good and "reliable" laptop.

would you buy a car only based on its engine? Acer vs IBM? Honda vs BMW. the honda engine (which is the core of the car) is more reliable than a BMW engine. Would you take the Honda or the BMW?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #47
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Too lazy to find my Consumers Report's book now. But it has the "repairs & reliability" comparison guide as to which laptops go in for repairs more often.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #48
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates
Quote:
The comp won't stop running due to a cracked casing you tit. Why don't you try backing up some of your obtuse observations? I've yet to hear of laptop casings or hinges randomly cracking due to cheap plastics. You're a typical uneducated american-minded consumer, owned by the brand the marketing companies pitch to you.
i was refering to one brands reliablity vs. others. i've been in IT for 15+ yrs, and during this time I have used all the major vendors... i'm just sharing my experience...

Don't give false information to users when you don't have a clue. IBM, Dell, HP/Compaq, Toshiba, etc.. all have home and business line notebooks for a reason, or is that all marketing blah? but what do i know, Mr. Acer.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #49
Bill Gates
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Bill Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Too lazy to find my Consumers Report's book now. But it has the "repairs & reliability" comparison guide as to which laptops go in for repairs more often.
Justin, you mean this one....

jstalin: i think Acer tips the scale... what do u think?
Attached Images
File Type: gif consumer.gif (5.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 01-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #50
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:

You're saying this probably because you haven't work in a REAL IT environment, have you?

Notice real companies use high end Corporate machines. Why? They are simply built better then the cheap plastic crap found in retail. I have had MANY consumers call and try to get cracked plastics repaired on a consumer notebook. No where near that on corporate....

Deep
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #51
SickFinga

Quote:

i'll take some pics of my averatec laptop especially for you. Its not here though, so i cant do it now
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #52
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gates
Justin, you mean this one....

jstalin: i think Acer tips the scale... what do u think?

I like that Chart. GO SONY!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #53
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
I like that Chart. GO SONY!!!

too bad Sony will never get accepted as a corporate machine... If they knocked down the "glitzy" aspect to their machines, they might have a chance!

Deep
Old 01-17-2006, 06:41 PM   #54
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 323
too bad Sony will never get accepted as a corporate machine... If they knocked down the "glitzy" aspect to their machines, they might have a chance!

Deep

It doesnt matter to me. As long as I get a reliable good looking laptop in one package its all good to me.

What I love about my Sony is that it offers absolutely the best screen size.
13.3" widescreen. I don't know why other retailer do not sell laptops with that screen size, its absolutely the best, something in between of portability and usability. It weight as much as my 12" Averatec weight and comes with more goodies.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:42 PM   #55
SickFinga

Quote:
Hope this is gonna be a good enough proof.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=13198

2 of my friends and I bought the same Averatecs on the same day.
All 3 got cracks all over the stress points.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #56
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Need I say more, article from PC World January 2006
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pics1a 042.jpg (112.3 KB, 54 views)
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:09 PM   #57
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
It doesnt matter to me. As long as I get a reliable good looking laptop in one package its all good to me.

What I love about my Sony is that it offers absolutely the best screen size.
13.3" widescreen. I don't know why other retailer do not sell laptops with that screen size, its absolutely the best, something in between of portability and usability. It weight as much as my 12" Averatec weight and comes with more goodies.
I wasn't saying too bad like a kid would be... I mean it! They coulda beena contenda! :-) They are just too focused on consumer...

Deep

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: