Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-09-2006, 02:23 AM   #31
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona
Soldo gonna see my buddy again this weeken..will bring my crappy V3 camera phone and take some photos...just to crush your eagerness....My Football team is out so the Superbowl has no meaning for me...
hahahhaha.... its all good, and good luck, i hope this is a good find for you just as much as i hope it falls through!!

But post some pics, theres a few of us that are curious to see the condition, and such!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:09 AM   #32
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

As Jack said LSD was an option in 95 and 96. Cruise Control was also optional(both my cars don't have it).

SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact
The differences between Active and Sport are

Active has standard A/C and Cruise Control.

Sport has standard M-Technic sports suspension and LSD

Options on both models
1. Heated front seats
2. Premium sound system
3. Leather
4. Center armrest
5. OBC

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 AM   #33
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRASIR
As Jack said LSD was an option in 95 and 96. Cruise Control was also optional(both my cars don't have it).

SL
4.44 LSD from Ti, would it fit on 318i?
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #34
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226
4.44 LSD from Ti, would it fit on 318i?
No ti's have a different diff then a 318i, simply won't bolt up.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #35
Rally318ti
3rd Gear Member

Daytona:
Have a 95' Active Ti alpine, it has been a pleasure driving it everyday, both winter & summer. No "big" issues yet knock on wood just passed 250K, great oil, suspension upgrades & front end tlc will go a long way on this car. NOt everyone has a Ti or may or may not love em, but I do.......Great car slammed on Big wheels!!
P.S Got my new Samsung 42" Plasma last night Wink* Looks great & Rieger bumper still hanging in the garage!

FOR SALE:

Orion Cobalt 465 4 channel Excellent shape $150

Also have E30, E36, Z3 318ti KMAC REAR CAMBER KIT BNIB opened. New Price $60

Last edited by Rally318ti; 01-10-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Rally318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #36
Holland
1st Gear Newbie

Not a wise choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona
There is someone I know selling a 200,000km very good condition BMW 318Ti...well maintained and has some comestic improvements like larger rims and sports springs..body looks mint and interiors is clean...anyone every own one of the BMW hatches before,and if so what is their experience with them?..high maintance,rusting,etc,etc???...its a car I need for a everyday car not a "bling car"..something good for everyday city commutes in style ...asking $4600 with e tested and certification.
Please take some advice from a retired aircraft engineer who owned lots of different cars including BMW's. First the 318Ti is the entry level (cheap)BMW
Second 200K as an Ontario car is very high (rust) Third the price is too high and for $5000 buy yourself a Asian car, as you mentioned you seem to need an every day car and IMHO a 318Ti would not do it.
Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #37
Rally318ti
3rd Gear Member

Holland:? Great first post rippin' the TI.
Obviously you don't know much about Ti's or perhaps even driven one, retired aircraft engineer or space cadet or whatever humour us with reading my above post ^^ ", it has been a pleasure driving it everyday, both winter & summer. No "big" issues yet knock on wood just passed 250K. For a car that is driven everyday with no hesistations on getting from point A to B for the last 6yrs........without spending big bucks on repairs, I do a tune up on this thing in 10mins, gets 550k to the tank & "cheap" or not its a BMW still "Made in Germany" with all the other bimmers.
p.s Try a first post on www.318ti.org just for the hell of it

FOR SALE:

Orion Cobalt 465 4 channel Excellent shape $150

Also have E30, E36, Z3 318ti KMAC REAR CAMBER KIT BNIB opened. New Price $60
Rally318ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #38
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland
Please take some advice from a retired aircraft engineer who owned lots of different cars including BMW's. First the 318Ti is the entry level (cheap)BMW
Second 200K as an Ontario car is very high (rust) Third the price is too high and for $5000 buy yourself a Asian car, as you mentioned you seem to need an every day car and IMHO a 318Ti would not do it.
Your an aircraft engineer. Newsflash, the 318ti is not an airplane.

So you have owned a lot of BMWs. Good for you. Entry level- sure, cheap, if you think so as it shares the exact same mechanicals as the sedan, Z3, and M Coupe/Roadster. I'm also willing to bet it will outhandle any non-M BMW same age or older.

And guess what, we all know Japanese cars are better built, cheaper and more reliable, but we purchased a BMW anyways, so get the **** on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: