Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-20-2005, 06:19 PM   #46
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one

someone tell me what an emergency stop is. Jam on the brakes?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #47
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
not quite. you have to stop quickly, safely, without locking the wheels on your car or skidding. also without swirving or endangering the lives of others. it is the one time in the test when you don't need to signal or look over your shoulder. (the examiner will do this prior to requesting an emergency stop.) you need to maintain both hands on the steering wheel, and when you do stop it should be away from any dangerous situations. (i.e. in the middle of an intersection)

emergency stops aren't really done very often in ontario driving tests.. or so I thought. guess they do them after all.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:29 PM   #48
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
well, when your 16 you have to go and take a easy written test to get your G1 or, learners permit, with that you have to have a fully licenced driver with you at all times or someone with a G2, you can only drive on city streets up to a max posted speed of 80km/h (around 45-50 mph i think) and only during the times when the sun is up (ie. no night time driving or driving at dawn or dusk.) then after you have done that for a year, or 6-8 mths (not 100% on the ammount but it is half) if you take a drivers ed program that the DMV (MTO here) approves, you go and take your G2 test which is basicly your full licence except that you can only have 2 passengers in the car with you if they are under 17 years old (something along those lines, its a new regulation so again not 100%) and you can drive by yourself and on hwy's that are 60mph/100km/h but you can't drive between like 2am and 5am therabouts, and if you get pulled over and have a BAL of 0.08 then your ****ed, once you have had that for 8mths i belive, you go and take your G test (full licence) and once you pass that it's just a matter of keeping it and going to renew it each year, which untill your 25 i think, it costs 70-80$ to renew and after that it's like 50$ hope that helps.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #49
propr'one
op sucks cock

Hound, i got a g2, some of your statments are inacurate

G1->g2 period 8 months with training, 12 without
g2 = drive whenever, wherever
(exception, max 3 passengers under 19 after midnight, bal must be 0)

that's it

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 12-20-2005, 07:16 PM   #50
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
yea i knew that i wasn't 100% on some of it been a few years since i was up on it so i think i did ok with knowing that much hehe

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:07 PM   #51
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
not quite. you have to stop quickly, safely, without locking the wheels on your car or skidding. also without swirving or endangering the lives of others. it is the one time in the test when you don't need to signal or look over your shoulder. (the examiner will do this prior to requesting an emergency stop.) you need to maintain both hands on the steering wheel, and when you do stop it should be away from any dangerous situations. (i.e. in the middle of an intersection)

emergency stops aren't really done very often in ontario driving tests.. or so I thought. guess they do them after all.
pretty much...except you gotta flip on those emergency indicators and yea i think the prime objective is to be out of 'incoming traffic' in a safe and controlled manner. Jamming on the brakes is not safe or controlled
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:45 PM   #52
propr'one
op sucks cock

wow i definatly never heard of that

Old 12-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #53
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

I would love to do a study that analyze the difference in drivers between the U.S. and Canada. It would include accidents, fatalities, DWIs, DUIs, driver skill and others.

In Tennessee, I am certain that you can get your permit at 15 and full license (there are no G1s and 2s) at 16. The driving test for the license consist of driving around the block. There are neither passenger nor hour restrictions. Georgia is a little tougher but not completely at your standards. I truly feel that GA is the most progressive thinking state in the Southeast. GA has passenger, age and hour restrictions similar to yours.

I wish this was standardized by our Federal Governement because I see too many deaths from inexperienced drivers and that is affecting new driver insurance rates (which parents normally pay anyway).
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:18 AM   #54
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
Hound, i got a g2, some of your statments are inacurate

G1->g2 period 8 months with training, 12 without
g2 = drive whenever, wherever
(exception, max 3 passengers under 19 after midnight, bal must be 0)

that's it
And you are responsible for everyone having seatbelts on. I've never heard of "max 3 passengers under 19."

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:20 AM   #55
propr'one
op sucks cock

Tomek its new, since september 05'

Old 12-21-2005, 10:21 AM   #56
Axxe

LOL, not like I cart around minors after midnight anyway.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #57
propr'one
op sucks cock

heh i do

Old 12-21-2005, 12:35 PM   #58
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
heh i do

So what, you're just like McDonalds and Michael Jackson.

You like to stick your meat into 10 year old buns.

Bwahahaha

Old 12-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #59
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
So what, you're just like McDonalds and Michael Jackson.

You like to stick your meat into 10 year old buns.

Bwahahaha
LMFAO!!! that was gold
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 PM   #60
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
LMFAO!!! that was gold
Haha, an old joke about yung'uns. Still cracks me up whenever I say it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: