Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-19-2005, 02:45 AM   #1
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Oxycodone

is this stuff like Tylenol 3? read a bit of it on wikipedia but only info as how its a pain killer with acetemophen (excuse spelling), i keep hearing kids saying how there so high off of it and how everything is so slowed down

any input? i know justins wisdom will chime (kind of hoping and expecting this) but i know your busy with your assignment so ill letchu finish that first

also is it stronger than Vicadin (excuse spelling)

Last edited by Jim .E.; 12-19-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:33 AM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
"Oxycodone is a central nervous system depressant. Oxycodone's action appears to work through stimulating the opioid receptors found in the central nervous system that activate responses ranging from analgesia to respiratory depression to euphoria. People who take the drug repeatedly can develop a tolerance or resistance to the drug's effects. Thus, a cancer patient can take a dose of oxycodone on a regular basis that would be fatal in a person never exposed to oxycodone or another opioid. Most individuals who abuse oxycodone seek to gain the euphoric effects, mitigate pain, and avoid withdrawal symptoms associated with oxycodone or heroin abstinence.

Oxycodone has a high abuse potential and is prescribed for moderate to high pain relief associated with injuries, bursitis, dislocation, fractures, neuralgia, arthritis, and lower back and cancer pain. It is also used postoperatively and for pain relief after childbirth. OxyContin, Percocet, Percodan, and Tylox are trade name oxycodone products.

OxyContin is designed to be swallowed whole; however, abusers ingest the drug in a variety of ways. OxyContin abusers often chew the tablets or crush the tablets and snort the powder. Because oxycodone is water soluble, crushed tablets can be dissolved in water and the solution injected. The latter two methods lead to the rapid release and absorption of oxycodone."

Dont do drugs man, just buy an m3.

I dont think oxycodone is stronger than vicadin, however i have little knowledge of that topic

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:57 AM   #3
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
is this stuff like Tylenol 3? read a bit of it on wikipedia but only info as how its a pain killer with acetemophen (excuse spelling), i keep hearing kids saying how there so high off of it and how everything is so slowed down

any input? i know justins wisdom will chime (kind of hoping and expecting this) but i know your busy with your assignment so ill letchu finish that first

also is it stronger than Vicadin (excuse spelling)
Hey... it's 3:45am.. time for a study break I think.

Pain Killer? Acetaminophen is Tylenol. Oxycodone is a pain killing narcotic affecting the central nervous system (highly addictive). The combination of the two is what makes up Percocet's (also known as 'perks'.) This is what Wikipedia was trying to say.

Percocets: The Acetaminophen is used to relieve pain, and reduce fever. Oxycodone is used for it's claming effect, (it's a sedative) as it will help you relax and basically be happy. For some, it helps them think clearer.

Oxycodone on its own: Oxycodone can also be purchased on its own (usually sold under the brand name Tylox in Canada), and as mentioned is a narcotic. As such, it is a controlled substance. It comes in small white or yellowish circular pills stamped with OC them. Because it is a central nervous system depressant, effects can range from feeling calm, reducing physical (and for some, emotional) pain without making you fall asleep or lose consciousness, and great feelings of happiness.

Abuse: As mentioned in Propone's post, the pill itself is time released, some abusers would rather speed up the absorption into the blood stream. Crushing the tablets and snorting, is one way of doing this. Another way is dissolving the pills in water (should be bacterio-static for sanization reasons, but most people really don't care), then injected into a vein. Crushing it and dissolving into a glass of water then drinking will help speed up the effects as well. If ingested, it should be taken with food to help aleviate any gastrointestinal pains.

Resistance & addiction: The user can, and will, develop a resistance to this drug and it will become less effective. This is when things can become messy, as the user may begin taking more of the drug to increase the effect. Sometimes to the point where it can become life-threatening. Think of it like the the mother (Sara Goldfarb) in Requiem for a Dream taking those weight-loss drugs. Your body builds up a tolerance for it, and you begin popping more and more.

Side-effects: Eventually you can damage your receptors and perminantly alter how your nervous system interprets signals from the outside world. There are many side-effects to Oxycodone, but most are not life threatening... things like constipation, sweating, and itching. More serious side effects come with abuse, or long term use, this includes possible unconsciousness, seizures, and difficulty breathing.

Compared to Vicodin: It is interesting that you ask if it is stronger than Vicodin. As vicodin is very similar to the above mentioned Percocet. Vicodin also contains tylenol (Acetaminophen), but instead of combining with Oxycodone, it is combined with the drug Hydrocodone. (a relative of Codine). Side effects are quite similar, as Hydrocodone is also a central nervous system depressant. The difference is Vicodin will make you much more drowsy, and provide less of an 'upper' feel. It is more of a sedative.

Hope this helps. Back to homework now...
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

yes it clears up a lot

time for myself to get back to studying as well exam at 7p.m. tonight
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: