Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-18-2005, 04:32 AM   #1
Steven323
1st Gear Newbie

Toronto Maple leafs are so ...

Okay its official. Toronto Maple leafs suck. No Leafs No!

After tonights 8-2 loss, i am ashamed to tell people im a Leafs fan.
Steven323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:06 AM   #2
Gamite

lol, its funny, they were up and down, and all it takes is a horrid loss to make a thread.

now all we have to wait for 328guy to come on here and say: "Leafs suck, Sens rule, lets hear the excuses!!"

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:47 AM   #3
Steven323
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
lol, its funny, they were up and down, and all it takes is a horrid loss to make a thread.

now all we have to wait for 328guy to come on here and say: "Leafs suck, Sens rule, lets hear the excuses!!"

Actually no. It doesnt "take a horrid loss to make a thread." They havent just been "up and down" as you put it so simply. For a hockey club thats a near the top of the list for net worth in the NHL, people would think that the players would try to play like they want to win. They have a lot of potential - but no ones seeing any results. Sure im a leafs fan, and so are a heckova lot of other people - why dont they try to give a little bit more back to the fans. I dont blame them for not performing like how i for one would like them to perform, But, never the less - play like you want to win. Or if thats not possible, shack up the lines. What i mean by this is:

- Make the fans proud to say, "I am a leafs fan" and win some so we dont feel like a bunch of losers when we cheer them on. Or not even, just play every minute like its the last 10minutes in the game. They tend to come out on the ice and play like they are olympians, then drift away and struggle to keep up with the plays until the last 10min in the 3rd.

Fact: The Toronto Maple leafs franchise has the most loyal fans in the National Hockey league.

Fact2: Leafs tickets are the one of the highest if not the highest priced NHL tickets in the League.

Fact3: Leafs havent won a Stanley Cup in like 40 years (rounded)

Fact4: I lost a lot of money because of them. even though i bet that they are going to lose .. but not by that much! sick!

- apologies for grammer/spelling ect.

Last edited by Steven323; 12-18-2005 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:01 AM   #4
Gamite

well what I was saying, the first few games this year, there were a a few threads, and then there was nothing. then I thought to myself, I wonder, there's no threads about the leafs for a while now. And then 8-2 loss, and there you go, there's the thread again.

BTW, this was the first year they reduced leaf tickets in price.

I'd like to have a real leaf talk without 328guy or his buddies crashing the thread, but I don't think its possible.

I really think Quinn should go with a power line. Sundin definately needs to step it up, as a captain he needs to "lead" the team, not stand in the corner and wait for the damn puck. Also belfour is letting in some key goals (5th goal by ottawa killed us)

Old 12-18-2005, 06:17 AM   #5
Steven323
1st Gear Newbie

yeah, first few games without sundin, when lindros was in the first line. Right when sundin came back we won the first game, but it was on bumpy road after that.

Its funny. me and my friends were talkin about that like a couple hours ago. wouldnt it be pretty neat to see sundin, lindros and allison in the same line-up? (3 centers but eh ... why not give it a shot)

the 4rd goal made me turn the channel. 7th goal made me turn off the tv. And yeah the 5th goal was horrible. =/

On a high note: McCabe has really been performing well on the other end of the ice for a defender =)

Last edited by Steven323; 12-18-2005 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:25 AM   #6
Gamite

althought I'm not a fan of sundin, I actually thought him comming back would turn the team around. and for a few games, we did pretty well.

Quinn actually had the three on one line in the late minutes of I think the Florida game (W 2-1

Quinn has to stop juggling the line, he has to stick with one setup. Those whizz kids, Stajan, Steen and Wellwood have really steped it up, I felt they should have put stajan and wellwood with allison. (speed with the good hands of allison would set up a lot of one man breaks)

Haven't really felt that McCabe has been that much of a defenseman, seen him make a few mistakes, he's biggest strength is the blue line on the PP, the first goal was a rebound off his big shot.

The best player for the leafs last night was definately Clark Wilm, he was all over the place, looked like he was the only one playing the game for the leafs. He helped killed that penalty keeping the puck in the sens zone fighting off Alfredsson. and he even gave a good beats to neil.

I always watch the whole game through, no matter how bad we do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: