Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
kylebes1
5er world

Verizon Wireless Contract

I have ran into some problems with my Verizonwireless account.

I started a contract in January of 2005. In May, I believe I added a second line so that my friend could keep his phone. I paid $100 a month for two lines to share 1000 minutes, and both have unlimited TXT messaging. It worked out awesome for several months. I only had to pay $50 of the bill each month. We never went over anything like that.

Well as friends go I found that my buddy was not my buddy. He decided to get his own phone, and leave me out to dry.

So now I pay $100 per month to have two phones and way more minutes than I ever use.

The only way out is to pay $175 to get rid of the second line, but I cannot come up with that shit!

Anyway, I read through the customer agreement, there has to be more to it. There is no way out for the customer, other than paying the termination fee. It actually states that you have to pay up to $175. Is there any way I can do it by paying less than $175? Even $50? Or nothing at all would be great.

I tried pleading my case to the customer service rep, but they are drones...

Damn wireless companies! Well, damn shitty friends.
2004 Explorer EB, RIP
1991 300e, m103 powered- Riden LOW
kylebes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Well you can always find someone to take over the other phone line ... the only way you can pay under 175$ is if you have like 5 or 6 months left on the contract on the other line. =\ But I'd recommend you find someone to take that second line off you like another friend.
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #3
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

ya ur screwed.....maybe ask a family member if they need a phone? mom, dad or sister?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #4
kylebes1
5er world

I think the contract is for a year on the second line. I may have found a way out of the entire contract bullshit... I will post my results
2004 Explorer EB, RIP
1991 300e, m103 powered- Riden LOW
kylebes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

I used to work for Sprint PCS and I found it funny how people are so quick to sign up for contracts (especially those offering phone credits) but whine when they want to get out of them.

Anyway, giving the phone to someone else using a "transfer of liability" method is the only option you have (unless you get an op who doesn't care and waives it for you).
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: