Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #46
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz

Just last year i waiting for the bus at maccowan and denison and these two tamil guys held me up with a knife. LOL i didn't have anymoney except for busfare. I pulled out my paratrooper but they weren't even letting up. But at that exact moment a bus came with its doors open and slowed down so i Jumped in and the bus driver saved my ass.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:52 PM   #47
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

it's some sad ass shit for Canada

i hear people bitching on montreal boards about similar thug bs
alot of them wish the hells were still in charge, if you can imagine that

but maybe this is the problem? no bigger entities to frighten the
little corner living hood rats into line...
at least this seems to be th opinion on montreal boards about montreal.

but hey, maybe one day soon I can flip on the news & watch how 8 people got gunned down in one night
( probably for scuffing some1's nikes) like it was detroit or Rochester Ny or some crap, joy.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #48
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
but the word i hear for all these shootings is that some mans shot up this guy from MnL block and now mans from that block are running shooting up people from that click for fun.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #49
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Fact is, gun violence in Toronto is less than that of MANY other Canadian cities, let alone American.

Did you guys know Oshawa has a higher rate of shootings per person? Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and at least 10 others too? Winnipeg has the highest rate, and is something like 3-4 times that of Toronto.

We just have the ethnic minorities, which the media loves to focus on. Sure they could go shoot a special for the 6:00 news in Oshawa, but they don't; people want to hear about black youth killing each other, not white families settling domestic disputes with shotguns. That's so 80's!

Stop beleiving what the media is telling you. The streets are relatively safe, despite what you are being brainwashed to believe.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #50
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal

Stop beleiving what the media is telling you. The streets are relatively safe, despite what you are being brainwashed to believe.
I believe the media IS overemphasizing whats going on in the community a little bit....but i don't agree with this comment....i don't think it's safe ANYWHERE...although with the right precautions you can be ok in most cases...in most cases it tends to be the 'in the wrong place/wrong time scenario' tho

Justin: thats probably what got their attention....and are you serious about the MACS, and i curious as to what exactly happened but i do have an idea as to what likely ensued(if u don't wanna post about it no worries)...thats nuts man...and i love that shoppers drug mart...never had a problem there either but when i do go there late i park literally right in front so that my car is very well lighted. (it's not even like ppl want my car anyway ) they'd probably get pissed and leave it down the street when they figured out their 'getaway' would be quicker on foot
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:11 PM   #51
Mystikal

It IS safe. The proportion of people that get shot for no reason (i.e. they didn't piss someone off) to the total population is probably alarmingly low.

People get shot for reasons. More people die in random vehicular crashes than unjust shootings.

@stancejay
Old 11-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #52
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

what if you piss some1 off without knowing it

true ppl get shot for reasons...but a lot of ppl get shot because the dude with the gun just had a very short fuse....
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #53
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

^thats tru. guy that i work with, him and his friends were at a club, his friend bumped into a guy, split his drink, apologized, 2 min later the guy came for him, let off 21 shots, killing him and shooting the guy i know in the leg as he was down looking after his friend.
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:57 PM   #54
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

I remember whe I was around 16 I rolled down to Jane and Finch to chill with a guy I know there and two guys pulled a gun on me and tried to rob me. Too bad for them that I was broke like a Ford so they left me alone. Seriously though, I almost shit my pants when that happened.
R_JAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:24 AM   #55
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
Fact is, gun violence in Toronto is less than that of MANY other Canadian cities, let alone American.

Did you guys know Oshawa has a higher rate of shootings per person? Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and at least 10 others too? Winnipeg has the highest rate, and is something like 3-4 times that of Toronto.

We just have the ethnic minorities, which the media loves to focus on. Sure they could go shoot a special for the 6:00 news in Oshawa, but they don't; people want to hear about black youth killing each other, not white families settling domestic disputes with shotguns. That's so 80's!

what i heard on the news tonight was that 48 people have been shot to death this year in T.O
would you know factualy who the second place city is?
I'd bet they might have less 10 gun homocides tops, for this year.

The media does like to hype stuff, true.
they sell fear, people watch it.
I didn't worry about getting shot, even when i was in T.O. this late summer.

but i think it's a fact that theres a serious problem with people shooting people down there in T.O.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:27 AM   #56
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
^ mystikal is right actually. i wrote an article about this a few months ago, i'll dig it up tomorrow and post it up... statistically ontario is the safest province, with the least criminal offences per 100,000 people. the worst, is manitoba.

there is nothing else going on in the media, so they throw forth whatever they can. all because you're more 'aware' of what is going on, does not mean more crimes are actually happening. it was much worse 20-30 years ago anyway.

superman87 - nothing crazy violent or anything like that ended up happening, but i'll tell you off the forum the details.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #57
Mystikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
what i heard on the news tonight was that 48 people have been shot to death this year in T.O

but i think it's a fact that theres a serious problem with people shooting people down there in T.O.
"Per capita". Read up on it. When you consider how many millions of people we have here (4th largest city in North America, BTW), our crime rates are LOW.

@stancejay
Old 11-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #58
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro

Toronto, with a population of 2.48 million people (5 million in the GTA - Greater Toronto Area ) is heralded as one of the most multicultural cities in the world and is ranked as the safest large metropolitan area in North America by Places Rated Almanac.

----

48 homocides out of 5 million people in the GTA is not a lot of people. More people die from cigarettes, or drug abuse, or car accidents. It's true that violence in Toronto has went up considerably since last year, but still have less than half the homocides of Manitoba, Regina, or any American city of comparable size.

Check the statistics yourself, click on the different provinces on the left to compare: http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/legal04a.htm
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: