Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-12-2002, 09:36 PM   #16
moerom
6th Gear Member

Mkgino, you are absolutely right. When it comes to producing numbers, there are always inconsistencies, and when it comes to the amateur driver to actually do it, its so much harder.

I have setup an amateur chronometer.

I mounted my cam to my truck to film the speedo, and did a shitty acceleration run (spinning through first), and managed a 5.8. Other attempts netted me 5.4 - 5.6. This was timed frame by frame during DV playback on my comp. Not exactly accurate but good ballpark figures.

I need a chip real fast!
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 04:10 PM   #17
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Mkgino, you are absolutely right. When it comes to producing numbers, there are always inconsistencies, and when it comes to the amateur driver to actually do it, its so much harder.

I have setup an amateur chronometer.

I mounted my cam to my truck to film the speedo, and did a shitty acceleration run (spinning through first), and managed a 5.8. Other attempts netted me 5.4 - 5.6. This was timed frame by frame during DV playback on my comp. Not exactly accurate but good ballpark figures.

I need a chip real fast!
Ok, just wondering all this stuff you plan on doing to your car like a chip or a pulley kit (I think u mentioned this somewhere). Wont this void your warranty?
Old 12-04-2002, 10:14 PM   #18
moerom
6th Gear Member

This Jesus post (resurrection) looks bad, but I can never leave a question untended to:

My dealer is very mod friendly. As soon as I signed the papers, they asked if I wanted it with or without a chip.

As long as they install all the shit, warranty remains intact.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:01 PM   #19
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
This Jesus post (resurrection) looks bad, but I can never leave a question untended to:

My dealer is very mod friendly. As soon as I signed the papers, they asked if I wanted it with or without a chip.

As long as they install all the shit, warranty remains intact.
Dealerships like that are rare, but they are out there.

Which Ford dealership is this?

It's nice to know you can mod your car/truck, and having ur warranty stay intact.

You must have said yes to the chip offer from the dealership I would assume........

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 03:31 PM   #20
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

well im guessing if your buying a sports truck with so much power and potential, and you are moreom's age...they will ask, what brand chip is it? any you choose or?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 04:21 PM   #21
moerom
6th Gear Member

Summit Ford

Tony, the dealership is Hwy. 27/Steeles, Summit Ford.

Its a qualified SVT dealership, one of only 5 in and around Southern Ontario. I've never seen a dealership go out of its way so much.

They filled me up with 94 Sunoco before I picked it up, washed it, waxed it, sent me a year membership to SVTOA (Owners Assoc.), and called me a month later to see how the truck was running.

Whenever I go in there, they are always smiling and completely at your service.

If anyone ever wants to buy a SVT vehicle, this is the place to do it from.

I actually turned down the chip, because I wanted to start out stock, and get used to the power it had from the factory. My dad looked at me funny when I said "No chip, thanks though"

Plus I wanna pay for all my mods myself, so I needed a bit more time.

The chip manufacturer was Diablosport, but any chip will do, as long as its dyno tuned. Generic chips can be detrimental to a car because there are factory variances. I'm going to do a dyno pull (wuth A/F ratio) in the spring and send it to Superchips to have a chip custom burned for me.

They had a nice Black 03 Cobra Convert on the showroom floor, and their aftermarket parts dept. in the back has anything anyone could ever need...

Take care guys...
Old 12-05-2002, 04:21 PM   #22
moerom
6th Gear Member

Summit Ford

Its a qualified SVT dealership, one of only 5 in and around Southern Ontario. I've never seen a dealership go out of its way so much.

They filled me up with 94 Sunoco before I picked it up, washed it, waxed it, sent me a year membership to SVTOA (Owners Assoc.), and called me a month later to see how the truck was running.

I actually turned down the chip, because I wanted to start out stock, and get used to the power it had from the factory. My dad looked at me funny when I said "No chip, thanks though"

The chip manufacturer was Diablosport, but any chip will do, as long as its dyno tuned. Generic chips can be detrimental to a car because there are factory variances. I'm going to do a dyno pull (wuth A/F ratio) in the spring and send it to Superchips to have a chip custom burned for me.

They had a nice Black 03 Cobra Convert on the showroom floor, and their aftermarket parts dept. in the back has anything anyone could ever need...

Take care guys...
Old 12-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #23
moerom
6th Gear Member

Sorry about the double post.
I hate Rogers.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:26 PM   #24
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Re: Summit Ford

Quote:

Take care guys...
HA, when I picked up my car from Downtown BMW, it ony had 1/4 tank of gas in it, cheapskates!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: