Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Classics
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:22 PM   #16
jp02ti
1st Gear Newbie

damn

this is inspirational.
jp02ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #17
jm1602
5th Gear Member

Not much fun tonight

Took the brake booster off tonight, looks like I'll need a new master. Seals are gone and it's rusted to hell because of brake fluid leak. Decided Gino is going to have to paint around the main wiring. That 30 year old copper is just way to fragile to mess with.

Just rear side glass, passenger seat and gas tank to remove before I take the pressure washer to it. Then off to the bodyshop maybe this Friday or Monday morning more like.

Was looking at a 250 ft. lb torque wrench today. Thinking about that crank pully you know.
jm1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:24 PM   #18
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

cool..take pic of the stages if you can..
Old 11-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #19
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
John, I would take out the wires man, more cleaner job afterwards... Dude, when you going to Ginos? I need to go there too. Richard suggested I get my new 'project' painted there as he is probably the cheapest place to get it done.....

Richards not gonna be back for at least another week since he is down in Florida... damn I guess I have to wait until then meh.... Anyhow.. man your car is comin along nice.... JP is right, it is inspirational

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:38 AM   #20
tominizer
6th Gear Member

I remember when I did this exact same thing to that '69 2002 I had (that I sold before finishing). And I agree with Rudy. Carefully take out all the wiring. If it's in that bad shape, put it down on the floor and pull out the soldering iron.............. start replacing that bad parts. Electrical system is important and considering you're going to all this effort, may as well take the time to finish everything rite while it's all apart.

Rite now I'm doing a complete tear down and restoration on an E30 M3. Tear down is now finished and I'm in the process of rebuilding it all. The '69 2002 was a hell of a lot simpler and yet the E30 M3 has been more enjoyable........... as it was a Texas car with no rust or seized up parts. I also had another E30 M3 Canadian car for parts and I cursed a swore like mad at that car as she was a biatch to tear down for parts cause everything was Canadian-ized............ rusted, seized up, dirty, etc, etc. That pig got me cut up and bleeding more times then I want to remember.

Anyways, good luck with the project. Hope your garage is insulated !!!!
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #21
Gamite

great pics, keep em comming

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #22
jm1602
5th Gear Member

Rudy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn
John, I would take out the wires man, more cleaner job afterwards... Dude, when you going to Ginos? I need to go there too. Richard suggested I get my new 'project' painted there as he is probably the cheapest place to get it done.....

Richards not gonna be back for at least another week since he is down in Florida... damn I guess I have to wait until then meh.... Anyhow.. man your car is comin along nice.... JP is right, it is inspirational
Car is going to Gino's on Monday. Took the wires off last night, rear windows and trim. Justs the seats and the tank and I'm done. Picked up a 250 ft lb torque wrench today for $80.
jm1602 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: