Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Arrow Cops RANDOMLY shutting down streets!?!?

ok i'm not 100% on this but i was driving home this evening and at kipling and west humber road (right at hy&zels) a cop was blocking traffic from going further north on kipling...which made little to no sense to me as i didn't see any flashing lights beyond....no ambulance nothing

could this be for the stupid work to rule thing?.....they think they can shut down a street

of course i could be wrong.....maybe justin or some other rexdale/north etobicoke visitor can confirm
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

could be a crime scene, the cherries arent always on, could be you got there just when they decided to close the section down
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:22 AM   #3
Gamite

There probably was an accident further up, but they didn't have their lights on.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Or they are doing some Maintanance to electric wires there.. I was going from work on Kipling had to explore some random neighbourhood so I could get to Islington and then get on Finch >.<
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

lol u got owned more than me....yeah i had to book it left turn onto rexdale and book it in front of woodbine centre ....teh side streets were flooded with 45kipling buses and random cars....blah
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:15 AM   #6
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
lol u got owned more than me....yeah i had to book it left turn onto rexdale and book it in front of woodbine centre ....teh side streets were flooded with 45kipling buses and random cars....blah

Good thing I got off late tonight I didn't encounter anything and was speeding through the area and still got home in 20 mins
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:45 AM   #7
Furious
BMW again.

they do it quite often if they are filming in that area, a few times down near the docks where hte film studios are, they have blocked off hte street and i thought it was some sort of accident , only to see further down the street a film crew... but thats a shot in the dark
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:10 AM   #8
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

I saw the same thing too on my way to work tonight. I had to take a detour to martingrove.
I figure another criminal activity going on. Its not an uncommon thing you see in Rexdale.
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:42 AM   #9
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I had some roads closed on my way home also, but it was because some big ass trees fell over, and hit the power lines!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #10
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Made a few phone calls. There was a broken water main... chances are you wouldn't have noticed the flooded as it rushed northwards (to the Humber River bridge) and dumped out there.

Apparently there is still a construction crew there that are replacing the main from approx 50m south of the Humber River, to 100m north of West Humber blvd. (right at Hy & Zels). Haven't had a chance to see for myself, but since its a water main I would assume traffic has either been re-routed elsewhere, or it has been trimmed down to 2 lanes.

J
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: