Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #1
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

BMWCC Autumn-Colors Navigational Fun Rallye - Sun Oct 16th!

BMWCC Trillium presents an Autumn Colours Observation Fun Rallye

Your chapter executive had decided to continue our fun rallyes and has given me the task to organize this years autumn event.

Sunday Oct 16th, 2005.

Registration opens at 10:00am, closes 10:59am

First car away at 11:00am

Start at Wimpy’s Diner on 65 Rylander Blvd. Scarborough. NE corner of Kingston Rd and 401.

End at Kelsey’s Restaurant, 90 Clarington Blvd. Bowmanville.

Your placement in this event, although designed as a family event, will count under our 2005 competition trophy.

The rallye route will take you mainly over paved back roads with a few hard-packed gravel, to observe our beautiful countryside. Please stick to the posted speed limits, especially in small villages and tourist areas. This is not a speed event! You can take as much as 5 hours to cover the 120KM route. If you go too fast, you will simply miss the observations and loose points.

The rallye route is given in kilometers with roads named at the turns. A detailed road map of Durham Region may help, but is not necessary. The task for this rallye is to find the locations of the numbered photos provided and write the number of the appropriate photo in its respective spot on the instructions. You will also be given some questions, with the answers to be located on billboards/road-signs along the route. There are some checkpoints along the way for a chance to stretch your legs and participate in “tie-breaking” exercises.

Cost of participation is $20.00 per car (no BMWCC club membership required for this event!). Please post below confirming your participation for adequate sets of instruction to be printed and seating-count at Kelsey’s Restaurant at the finish.

Hopefully see you all on October 16th!

Randy Sparre

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:52 AM   #2
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
i will try and make it sounds like fun. just don't know if the guys are planing something for that day. terry mentioned that he might tray and setup a forks cruise this weekend so i will let you know this friday if i am comming, is that ok randy?

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #3
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

That's cool.. I asked Graham to change the date of maX's autumn cruise for the following Sunday (Oct 23rd) departing from the Autocross location on Langstaff & 400. This fun rallye is essentially a cruise through twisty country roads to view the autumn colors aswell as a "scavenger hunt".

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
Hound
V-Dub in da House

damn the max fall cruise is on the 23rd? thats the day for the C7 fall cruise that i signed up for lol. damn the weekends are getting packed now heh

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Old 10-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
Wow, running out of weekends this year. I'll post details hopefully by this weekend regarding the Oct 23rd cruise. I know there are a few of you guys that are commited to the C7 so I'll see if we can arrange a later date. Given the fading temperatures, this weekend could be our last chance to see the maXbimmer garage queens.

I'll be at the Rallye and as always I'll get lost.

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:00 AM   #6
Hound
V-Dub in da House

sound's good man, look forward to seeing you this sunday, maybe we can get lost together. im gonna bring my frs's just incase and i have my cell which i should get your number and give you mine just incase i get lost or you get lost. I also need a navigator so if anyone wants to tag along please let me know on max by way of a pm or posting here, or let me know at this friday's meet. thanks and look forward to this. also I am good for any of the next weekend's for a fall cruise cause i am getting the snows put on next week and am ready for some fun winter meets. hehehe

96 Harliquin Golf
Old 10-17-2005, 03:52 PM   #7
Hound
V-Dub in da House

sorry i wasn't there guys i totally forgot to post that i was invited to go to mosport for the make a wish track day. sorry for that but hope to see you guys next weekend on the 23rd. also are we gonna do the C7 route or.....

96 Harliquin Golf

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: