Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-28-2002, 02:31 AM   #16
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

not true - the ZKWs do not fog up.
My wife's 7 series lights - identical in composition to the Euro E36 lights don't fog up.

Are you saying all InPro lights fog up?
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 02:34 AM   #17
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by umnitza
not true - the ZKWs do not fog up.
My wife's 7 series lights - identical in composition to the Euro E36 lights don't fog up.

Are you saying all InPro lights fog up?
I dunno if all, but mine sometimes do, especially if humidity was high outside.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 02:34 AM   #18
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Well, let's see.

I've had mine in the car about 1-2 weeks longer than you. Since then I put about 25000-30000km. Also whenever I drive I always turn the lights on. Both of my ellipsoids are fine; no signs of melting. I ran regular 55watt bulbs.

Didn't you used to have high wattage bulbs in yours? Or the fake "xenon" bulbs?

Serge

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga

Why would I remove it? It is there for a purpose. OK all euros are fogging up, but I don't think lens melts from the regular bulbs.

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 02:38 AM   #19
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

high wattage 100W does not melt the ZKWs.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:39 AM   #20
SickFinga

Well I always turn on my lights too, and I had blue H1 which are the same voltage as a regular h1. (55w)
Maybe yours doesn't melt because they are open so the run cooler, mine are close (hot it is suppose to be) and they are melting.

Last edited by SickFinga; 11-28-2002 at 02:43 AM.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 03:08 AM   #21
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Perhaps, although I did run them closed up for 2-3 months.

Anyway, to sum this all up: I am happy with them. However, I do agree that paying more than 20 bucks for Angel/Demon Eyes is a waste of money.

Serge

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
Well I always turn on my lights too, and I had blue H1 which are the same voltage as a regular h1. (55w)
Maybe yours doesn't melt because they are open so the run cooler, mine are close (hot it is suppose to be) and they are melting.
Old 11-28-2002, 03:27 AM   #22
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KIRASIR
...paying more than 20 bucks for Angel/Demon Eyes is a waste of money.
from my perspective - why do people get body kits? why get a spoiler or wing? why get eyelids?

It's an appearance mod that is quite intriguing to most of the people that purchase it.
Old 11-28-2002, 04:13 AM   #23
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by umnitza

from my perspective - why do people get body kits? why get a spoiler or wing? why get eyelids?

It's an appearance mod that is quite intriguing to most of the people that purchase it.
Actually I like to use this analogy, why Kirasir, would you buy a bmw? I mean you can get a car that gets you to point B that costs a lot less than your BMW does, but you bought a BMW because probably for you it looks better, performs better, and is a better build quality than a honda for example. Now same thing with the angel eyes, you can spend a lot less on inpros that get the job done, or you can get zkw's and DDE's for more money and because they look better (ie are brighter) perform better and are a better build quality than the Inpros, just like your bmw is better (for more money) than a honda. So in other words, you bought the honda of angel eyes when you got your inpros
Old 11-28-2002, 04:20 AM   #24
Manimillion
Photographer

Can u tell which ones they are by just lookin at a picture?

These are not inpro's are they? Because some people said the zkw and the dde's are brighter... I don't like the ones that light up white or any other personaly, I think it looks rice, but I just love how these look, its my friends car I can ask him what they are but I'd have to call long distance :p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angel_eyes2.jpg (93.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 11-28-2002, 04:51 AM   #25
umnitza
3rd Gear Member

those are inpros.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:08 AM   #26
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Mkgino, you are missing the point.

I bought Inpro's because I wanted to get ellopsoids. Angel eyes came as a bonus. Perhaps ZKW light have a better build quality but from a "performace" perspective Inpro's lit up the road just as fine as ZKW's. The rings in my opinion are a waste of money. Some people like them, some don't. Yes they look cool but that's just that. Don't forget that one year ago when Inpro's came out Jim P's rings where just as bright as Inpro ones and together with ZKW lights were about 600+ USD. This package offered no more "performace" than Inpro's that were only about $375US. Your analogy does not really apply here since you have to compare apples and apples, and not apples and oranges. Go back one year and then make a comparison. Can you justify spending $200+US for build quality for a set of lights with rings? I cannot.

SL

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino

Actually I like to use this analogy, why Kirasir, would you buy a bmw? I mean you can get a car that gets you to point B that costs a lot less than your BMW does, but you bought a BMW because probably for you it looks better, performs better, and is a better build quality than a honda for example. Now same thing with the angel eyes, you can spend a lot less on inpros that get the job done, or you can get zkw's and DDE's for more money and because they look better (ie are brighter) perform better and are a better build quality than the Inpros, just like your bmw is better (for more money) than a honda. So in other words, you bought the honda of angel eyes when you got your inpros

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: