Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-15-2005, 01:28 PM   #1
MpowerK
Banned

Send a message via MSN to MpowerK
July 31st Shannonville Fabi Track lapping day

July 31st Shannonville Fabi Track lapping day

We have the track Sunday evening from 5:30 - 8:30 pm booked, cost will be $60 of prepaid for each participant.

A little background -

The Fabi track at shannonville is probably one of the safest tracks you can learn on. It's not very fast (save for the 1/4 mile back straight) and very technical. It's also very fun and you'll spend the whole day mastering your line, and there are some pretty good photo ops.

I am limiting the track day to about 23 cars instead of 30s cars, so that it gives you plenty of room on the track while keeping the crowd down.

We will have a short briefing prior to getting out on the track, followed by a few warm up laps, then lapping for the rest of the day. "Lapping" refers to just that, doing laps. Passing is STRICTLY prohibited except on the back straight, and only when the person in front of you has allowed you by signaling you to pass. We reserve all rights to kick people off the track that are driving dangerously and/or aren't listening to track marshalls.

Date : July 31st, Sunday evening
Time : 5:30PM - 8:30PM
Where: Shannonville Motorsport Park Fabi TRACK

Helmets are not mandatory, but you will have to sign a disclaimer at the track. (if you have helmets, it won't hurt to bring them up).

All those interested please sign up or email me asap. I want to build a list and collect prepaid track fee as soon as I can.

Prepaid: $60
After July 23rd or At the track: $80

Pls signup for prepaid to reserve your spot asap and We don't accept anymore participants when all spots are filled.

** All prepaid no later than July 23rd, Saturday **

** Payment/Deposit Meet **

Date: July 16, 2005
Time: Saturday, 12 pm
Location: First Markham Place North parking lot outside the Theatre (on Highway 7 and Woodbine Ave).

please call Kevin 416-5649999 if you cannot make to the payment meet. Whoever wants to do PAYPAL, kindly contact Kevin for instruction.

*July 31st Shannonville Track lapping day's Meet Location & Departure details will be released on July 26th*

Note : all car makes, model welcome

www.subarism.com
MpowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
rico328i
5th Gear Member

Fabi

Sounds like a fun event. Good way to get some cheap track time under your belt. I'm out of town, but would have really considered going.

IMO. Fabi is an easier track to learn than Nelson. The 2 2nd gear turns are challenging - for me at least. Had a tough time modulating my throttle on the first 2nd gear turn after the straightaway.

For those sitting on the fence about trying a lapping event. This is a good opportunity to try it out. Only 3hrs and inexpensive. You'll get hooked though - just a warning.
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Im VERY interested, but unfortunately I can't make the meet to pay. I guess I will have to call Kevin?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #4
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Talking

yeah, fabi is very safe course you can find. In fact, I was at the fabi yesterday.

i will probably join this one as well.

for your pleasure, here is me at the fabi backstraight with big fireball comming out of the muffler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5858(1508).jpg (119.3 KB, 99 views)
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Thats can't be a good thing? STi?

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:58 AM   #6
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
Thats can't be a good thing? STi?
why cant it be a good thing? its a high power turbo car, fireball is pretty normal, besides dont forget its COOL factor

Its not sti, but highly modified version of WRX.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:01 AM   #7
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

oh yeah, kevin, please sign me up, im very lazy to log onto the suby club to sign myself in. I dont think i will be able to pay at the meet, but will pay you through paypal like last time. Also I have another friend who wants to come as well. so please save 2 seats.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:23 AM   #8
MpowerK
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226
oh yeah, kevin, please sign me up, im very lazy to log onto the suby club to sign myself in. I dont think i will be able to pay at the meet, but will pay you through paypal like last time. Also I have another friend who wants to come as well. so please save 2 seats.
Yes, sure you have 2 spots, kindly PM me you and your friend cars' information, e.g. year, model, color, and your contact #.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:29 PM   #9
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226
why cant it be a good thing? its a high power turbo car, fireball is pretty normal, besides dont forget its COOL factor

Its not sti, but highly modified version of WRX.
I have very little knowledge about Turbo cars, it was a question more than a comment. YA it does look pretty kewl.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #10
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

MPOWERK, can you PM me where we are meeting up, and wat time
'????

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys
Old 07-28-2005, 08:08 AM   #11
MpowerK
Banned

Meet and Departure details on July 31st
Old 08-01-2005, 05:15 PM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Can we get a site with the pictures???

Toys

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: