Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Non-BMW Related
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-22-2005, 10:39 AM   #16
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

In that case maybe you didnt comprehend what I had stated so I'll say it again.

"max core speed cannot surpass 440 (from 400 stock speed) without crashing on 800xl during gaming. Sounds like 800xt speeds."

I never said you can't OC over 440, I merely stated that on stock cooling it would become unstable.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:56 AM   #17
Hibbing
4th Gear Member

Again this is an erroneous and ludicrous statement. There is no 440 limit on an XL whatsoever and if you'd do some research at Rage3d, for example, you'd see mnay poeple with STOCK COOLING doing better than 440. As a matter of fact I have no idea how you came up with such an arbitrary number but I ran 3DMARK05 overnight and I assure you I am 100% stable at the speeds indicated.
Hibbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #18
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Thanks for referring to the Rage3D site as they concur with what Ive been saying all along and no it is not erroneous.

This what is being said there:

Yeah, The X800XL is good value simply for it's stock capabilities. But an overclocker, it's not. I recently bought one thinking that I could O/C it to perform better than my X800pro. But I was wrong. Since the X800pro is so much better at overclocking, it actually out performed the best overclock speed I could get from the x800xl.

Here's what I got for best stable clocks speeds:

X800 Pro VIVO OC: 530/1080 =11925 3Dmark03
X800 XL OC: 430/1060 =10870 3Dmark03

So if you decide to get an X800Xl, it will be an excellent card, just don't expect any miracles when overclocking.

Clearly one of the reasons holding this card back is the fact that it is based on the .11 microns process as if you didnt know.

So please revisit this site as you are the one who referred to it.

Last edited by WhadUpp; 07-22-2005 at 04:37 PM.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:51 PM   #19
Hibbing
4th Gear Member

That's one person with a first V. who had a bad OC. Many have much better including myself. Shame you don't have the success I do son.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #20
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbing
No "buddy" the Future Shop sale is over tomorrow. Threadcrapping is ignorant. Do YOU own the site? If not mind your own ****ing business son.
My you are an ignorant fool aren't you? No I don't know, but nor did I make a statement to anyone to "stay out of my thread".

"son" - golden comment coming from someone who probably isn't much older than the legal license limit, and if you are older, you certainly don't act like it... Either way it's golden...

Last edited by Deep 3.2TL; 07-22-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Deep 3.2TL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:59 AM   #21
Hibbing
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 323
My you are an ignorant fool aren't you? No I don't know, but nor did I make a statement to anyone to "stay out of my thread".

"son" - golden comment coming from someone who probably isn't much older than the legal license limit, and if you are older, you certainly don't act like it... Either way it's golden...
Wow you're damned near illiterate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: