Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-10-2005, 02:50 AM   #1
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Camera Help **urgent**

budget: $400

im going camera shopping tomorrow morning (dads b-day gift) so i need all the help i can get by tonight...and i already know a Canon's quality is uncompareable in any way...BUT IF YOU CAN FIND A CANON 4.1MP or eben 5.1MP CAMERA FOR UNDER $400 LINX INFO!!!

the current camera's im looking at are
DSCS90 and DSCS60...i read the specs and there exactly identical in everyway except the S90 has a 2.5" screen (S60 2" which i dont really care) and the S90 has a aperture range of f2.8 - f5.6(W), f5.2 - f10(T) and the S60 has a aperture range of f/2.8 - f/5.2 (this is whats making me shift towards the S90)

also i heard the SONY DSCW5 is good...is there any place that sells the SONY DSCW5 for cheaper than BB($429.99) and FutureShop($449.99) in canada as i dont want to ship from the US...

Jim
Old 07-10-2005, 03:20 AM   #2
icu
3rd Gear Member

re cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
budget: $400

im going camera shopping tomorrow morning (dads b-day gift) so i need all the help i can get by tonight...and i already know a Canon's quality is uncompareable in any way...BUT IF YOU CAN FIND A CANON 4.1MP or eben 5.1MP CAMERA FOR UNDER $400 LINX INFO!!!

the current camera's im looking at are
DSCS90 and DSCS60...i read the specs and there exactly identical in everyway except the S90 has a 2.5" screen (S60 2" which i dont really care) and the S90 has a aperture range of f2.8 - f5.6(W), f5.2 - f10(T) and the S60 has a aperture range of f/2.8 - f/5.2 (this is whats making me shift towards the S90)

also i heard the SONY DSCW5 is good...is there any place that sells the SONY DSCW5 for cheaper than BB($429.99) and FutureShop($449.99) in canada as i dont want to ship from the US...

Jim
Yes the dsc w5 is good I have a dscw1 and love it , the lack of shutter speed , capture ratio, screen size , and easy to use makes it a winner.Try Merkle Camera at Victoria Prk south of Sheppard East side, buy 512 memory stick and two additional batteries although life is good if you use the display alot it will as many eat up batt life. Also Olympus has a case that will hold this cam much better and cheaper than Sonys.Ty to find a W-1 it will be cheaper and in my opinion is every bit as good as the W-5.
icu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

thanks for the help graham

merkle doesnt have W1, and the W5's are same price at BestBuy

the DSC-S60 its 329.99 at FutureShop and 299.99 (online) at BestBuy, do you think futureshop will match and beat the price? (i know there the same company, but its odd that 1 has it for higher than the other)
Old 07-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
driftfanatic
1st Gear Newbie

if i remember correctly, i think futureshop does match and beat prices
driftfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Look into Olympus as well. Yes Canon is topnotch but it is not necessarily better than Olympus despite what some people think. All I hear from this board is Canon this Canon that and don't get me wrong getting a Canon is amazing but so is Olympus so this way you have more choices. Stay away from Sony and stick instead to the big3 - Canon, Nikon, Olympus.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #6
icu
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E.
thanks for the help graham

merkle doesnt have W1, and the W5's are same price at BestBuy

the DSC-S60 its 329.99 at FutureShop and 299.99 (online) at BestBuy, do you think futureshop will match and beat the price? (i know there the same company, but its odd that 1 has it for higher than the other)
well I supose the right choice will have to be , what feels good in your hands and how comfortable you are with the operation of the cam, I had a nikon and traded in in for several reasons , poor low light focus very imporant , 1.8 size display useless , small icons dificullt to read , all accessories very expensive.Keep in mind all of these as you chek out dig cams. No exper on Cann or Olym but both are fine cams.I hear Nikon has anew cam out with a large screen but may be out of your buget.
icu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: