It’s time to declare your independence. While most Hip-Hop artists continue to rely on major labels and industry politics, Detroit-bred MC Royce Da 5’9” answers only to himself. After his 2002 Sony debut Rock City, and his 2004 sophomore album Death Is Certain sold close to 200,000 copies combined, Royce started off the new year by taking control of his music’s destiny. On the heels of his critically acclaimed M.I.C. Official Mixtape, released last October, he drops his third studio album, Independent’s Day, featuring two of the finest in hard-core Hip-Hop producers, Carlos “6 July” Broady, Nottz, K.I.D.D. and the mixing skills of Dirty Chuck Alkazian.. Blowing up record stores on June 28th, this album will be celebrated by those with a genuine appreciation for high quality Hip-Hop. Raising the bar for fellow emcees, songs such as “Politics” featuring Cee-lo Green , and “I Owe U” showcase Royce’s phenomenal songwriting skills, while “Wet My Whistle” featuring Sara Stokes of MTV's Making The Band 2 (Bad Boy), is sure to shake the radio waves in Detroit and beyond.
Label: Make It Count Records/ Trouble Records
Release Date: June 28th 2005
2. I Owe You Produced By: Carlos "6 July" Broady
3. Ride Feat. Big Herk & Juan Produced By: K.I.D.D
4. Wet My Whistle Feat. Sara Stokes Produced By: Great Scott
5. Politics Feat. Ceelo Green Produced By: Nottz
6. Why You Looking At My Dog Feat. Yo Gotti Produced By: Carlos "6 July" Broady
7. Right Back Feat. Juan & Kid Vicious Produced By: K.I.D.D
9. Blow Dat... Produced By: Nottz
10. Chips On Pistons Feat. Blade Icewood Produced By: K.I.D.D.
12. F*Ck My Brains Out Feat. June & Ingrid Smalls Produced By: K.I.D.D.
13. Independent's Day Produced By: Carlos "6 July" Broady
14. Meeting Of The Bosses Produced By: Carlos "6 July" Broady
15. Paranoid Feat. La the Darkman Produced By: Asar
16. Lay It Down Feat. Juan & K- Doe Produced By: Great Scott
17. Yeah Produced By: Carlos "6 July" Broady