Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #16
paul
5th Gear Member

that is dados plate. that is where he got the idea
paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #17
burnhard22
4th Gear Member

My car is much lower (atleast it looks like it is) and I have never ben booked for it???
Old 06-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #18
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

Kind of ridiculas if you think about it....This are cop evading plates no? Funny thing if you think about it....if i was a cop this car would be damn easy to spot... who wouldnt recognize this bogus configuration of X's and K's?

Just my opinion.
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:13 PM   #19
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga
I'm no expert, but I've spent sometime reading, basically there are 2 rules of too low, one is your headlight, it cannot be lower than certain to the ground, I cannot recall what it is, the second, this is where magic of Ontario legistration comes in, everything was made so vague in the hwy traffic act, it is up to the officer's judgement by inspecting the amount of space between the tire and the fender, if an officer believe it changes the safety of a car, he has the right to give you a ticket and even ask you to not to drive it on public roads.

It is a funny thing, I don't know if you've seen it or not, there's a vid of a Civic slammed on coils and try to change lane, he spun out and hit a light pole, in someway what they are doing IS protecting the masses, but at the same time, say your H&R kit is TUV approved and the specification says between 1-1.7", that usually means within that range the car's safety won't be harmed. If the officer writes you a ticket on that part, you can kindly inform him such specification, if he rudely replies to u "**** u kiddo, it means jack shit here", ask for his badge number and division, and file a complaint.

Are cops jerks? yes and no, to you and I , they seem to be on our balls busting our hobbies, but they are trying to protect (and ocasionally show off) the masses, everyone can lower their car, but how many has done it properly?
Don't get me wrong, Im not saying that every officer out there is messed up, but there are plenty. More bad than good. There are some cops out there doing a great job of serving and protecting, but some cops go way too far in being a prick.

I was in an accident last winter, where I hit a patch of black ice, spun out of control on the 401, hit a salt/utility truck, the cement barrier, and an OPP cruiser, that was investigating an accident that happend right before mine. After breaking the door of the car to get my brother out of the passenger side, the cop comes up to me and says "You better have a good ****ing lawyer" Word for word.

Now rather than being the prick he was, don't you think that the first thing he should have said is, "hey are you guys ok?" or "are either one of you hurt?"

So my respect for the police force has greatly diminished to near none. Half these posts where people mention to call the cops, I think to myself, that your better off handling it yourself, because cops(most) are useless. Ive dealt with so many crooked cops, yet there are a few that go beyond their job. I commend those cops that are doing a great job.

Back on topic, people these days lowering their cars go from handling improvement to absurdly stupid low drops. So your right when it comes to safety, unsafe cars should be removed from the roads. If this guys car(MB) was too low and considered to be unsafe, fine. But to take his plates, is wrong. Looking at the pics, that car looks fine to me. Cop should be paying for the tow, reinstatement of the plates, and inconveinience.

My 2 cents. Sorry for the extremely long post.

Last edited by Ital_325i; 06-14-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:09 PM   #20
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
^^

that is true, I won't disagree on that part, some do take the power trip beyond understanding limit, however I really don't believe we should dislike police cause we've encounter jerks, it'll just be a circle that goes on and on, I respect what they do and they put their lives on the line in this area, but if we give them an impression that car enthusiasts dislike police, do you think they'll treat us better? I for one have been pulled over and getting bitched at while driving a friend's car that was moded, the first impression was anger, but then I really spend some time to think about it, stereotype is just something human does, we can't help it, if we keep give police a generally bad impression, they'll continue to bust our balls for stupid things. That's just matter of life, as far as those all-around jackasses crooked cops, I hope their spouse is cheating on their back.

as far as the plate goes, I do see it as a disturbance, but can he remove it right there? ask MTO, and the towing part, he's NOT allow to do so unless a MTO officer is present and categorize the car as unfit for public road use, I say take this to the court.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #21
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

he got hussled.
Thay cant do that.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 AM   #22
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga
as far as the plate goes, I do see it as a disturbance, but can he remove it right there? ask MTO, and the towing part, he's NOT allow to do so unless a MTO officer is present and categorize the car as unfit for public road use, I say take this to the court.
Not true, I have and lost in court (doesn't mean you'll loose too).
I do agree you should take everything to court if you have the time, I got off a good 90% of the sh*t the police used to try and pull on me. Most of the time the cop just never shows and you win.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:03 PM   #23
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Depends. Everytime i went to court so far, the cop was there.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:52 PM   #24
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN
Depends. Everytime i went to court so far, the cop was there.
Nowadays cops must attend court to get paid, too many people were getting off because of no show cops.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:37 PM   #25
low_bmw
6th Gear Member

Location: "ANYWHERE WHERE THE PAVEMENT IS SMOOTH AND THERE IS NO SPEEDBUMPS" Toronto (Etobicoke)
i got my plates taken away in my old 318 cab and taken off the raod for too low.

gotts get re-certified, e-test, buy new plates and get new stickers to put it on the raod, plus you go to court for operating an unsafe vehicle and could get charged up to $2500. i got off.... and put my car on the raod a week later at the same height
1991 CIVIC ZC (SOLD)
1999 CIVIC LX (SOLD)
1999 E36 M3 CABRIO (SOLD)
1998 INTEGRA GS (STOLEN IN 4 DAYS)
1999 ACURA EL PREMIUM (SOLD)
2002 330CI M PACKAGE (SOLD)
2005 ACURA EL (daily driver)
1990 FORD MUSTANG LX (garage queen)
low_bmw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: