Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #1
325isRED
6th Gear Member

.... and my license is suspended

A few months ago i was pulled over for speeding, but the cop let me off with just a "dirty license plate"

so i called them to pay it the day before the due date (think it was 15 days), but when i called them they told me that my ticket was not on file and that the probation period for the police officer was over and that he could no longer submit it! cool i said... but no

a few weeks ago i recieved a letter saying that the ticket is overdue, it was inflated from 110 (original) and now the ticket is 135! intended on calling and booking a court date but it slipped my mind

BUT TODAY.... i recieved a letter saying my license was suspended effective may 25th and after i pay of the ticket, its gunna cost me another 150 to get my license back!!!

so tomorrow i am off to the court house and see what i can accomplish there, and if nothing, i'm gunna try giving x-coppers a call!!

any sudgestions/ideas anyone?
325isRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
thanks now i better get my ass to the court house asap and set my court dates for my bike!
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isRED
A few months ago i was pulled over for speeding, but the cop let me off with just a "dirty license plate"

so i called them to pay it the day before the due date (think it was 15 days), but when i called them they told me that my ticket was not on file and that the probation period for the police officer was over and that he could no longer submit it! cool i said... but no

a few weeks ago i recieved a letter saying that the ticket is overdue, it was inflated from 110 (original) and now the ticket is 135! intended on calling and booking a court date but it slipped my mind

BUT TODAY.... i recieved a letter saying my license was suspended effective may 25th and after i pay of the ticket, its gunna cost me another 150 to get my license back!!!

so tomorrow i am off to the court house and see what i can accomplish there, and if nothing, i'm gunna try giving x-coppers a call!!

any sudgestions/ideas anyone?
well it wasn't your fault that they couldn't submit it, so you could have successfully fought that on in court. but since you neglected to make a court date =/ it's a hard call... but yeah i'd goto the courthouse asap and see what they can do.

good luck

i don't think you'll get your license suspended or have to pay that much, hopefully you get it sorted out tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
Ant118
BmwAviator

Well 150 isnt bad considering that when my father lost his liscense for speeding at 300, he had to pay something like 8k to get his liscense back cause of the fines

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #5
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

Thats happened to me, except i had a summons issued to me when i got pulled over, and never deiced to show up, 6 months later i get a nice letter in the mail saying pay up bitch ($800+) and a court order lisence suspension for 30 days.
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #6
bimmerod
2nd Gear Member

Exact same thing happened to me.
Xcopper's told me pay the fine, nothing they could do.
My license was suspended. I went into the court payment place and had to wait about a week before my license was re-issued.
I kept driving, but because of not having a licence I was also driving without insurance and if I would have been pulled over I would have received an additional 6 months.
Serious shit.
bimmerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
325isRED
6th Gear Member

i'm really not taking a chance with driving... what if someone hit me or something, i would be fucked!!
325isRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isRED
intended on calling and booking a court date but it slipped my mind
And, you didn't expect this to happen afterwards?

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: