Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #16
Karim@Corner73
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moregothanshow
paying the $225 for the lawyer is probbaly a better route for u since its a good 5-6 hour drive for u to get here, after getting here your gonna end up spending that much anyways gas, food, hotel, etc... might as well save yourself the drive/km's...
Good Luck!

I go to Toronto on a regular basis so I could make it coincide.

I just talked to the court people. I asked for a first appearance to meet the prosecution. Let's see if we can make a deal.

I have another 8-10 weeks to think about it.

Thank you all for the help.
I appreciate it.

Let me know if you need any Quebec ticket help
I...kind of... have experience
Karim@Corner73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #17
Trit
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ital_325i
In Ontario, points are added, not removed. So you start with zero, and accumulate. If you have a G2, at 9 points you are called to a meeting, and could have your lisence suspended. With a full G, you have till 12-15(can't remember the exact number)
I think its only 6 points with g2 before you lose your license outright. I could be wrong, but I was told by a cop. He may have been bullshitting me (I already have 3 points against me, and he had me pulled over for a 3 point offence) but I have heard it elsewhere also.
Trit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #18
d12
3rd Gear Member

you should ALWAYS FIGHT them... insurance don't give a f@ck if it's 5km/h over or 49 km/h over, it's a MINOR TICKET... when you go over 50 km/h it's called major ticket... points DO NOT effect your insurance, they only effect you license, like if you get certain amount of points your license gets suspended... insurance only cares about how many tickets you got, therefore even 5km/h over will result in increased insurance (might or might not happen depensing on insurance company and your age or history)....

many people make mistakes tho and pay it... out of 8 tickets i had, my lawyer took off 6 completely, another one cop didn't show up, and other 1 been reduced to a very little fine... moral of the story, FIGHT IT
d12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: