Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #46
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Hey Guys you never told us where you placed...here's the link for the results of the 15th.....

http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php?nam...ewtopic&t=3995

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:15 AM   #47
chromius
6th Gear Member

that's cuz i did horribly. . Besides, I didn't do very many runs, and I know I could have done better, I really was just there to get a feel for it. I also should have been in class C, and at first the guy put me in there, then he changed his mind and put me in B, as he said I was borderline B/C, but he was rating me based on a 325i, which I am not, so C is where I should I have been. and in that case I would have done better.

But the above is really just an excuse to make myself feel better for sucking so bad.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:55 AM   #48
aziz
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius_e30

But the above is really just an excuse to make myself feel better for sucking so bad.

you are honest though
Old 05-28-2005, 07:11 AM   #49
jeffrie
Addict

I was #21 from class C 9th place, Still sucked myself but then again I only did one run that counted before I lost my exhaust. I'm also trying to make myself feel better........

Greetings from the other side...

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #50
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

How did they determine which car goes in which class..?
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #51
msix
2nd Gear Member

The MCO is using a very simplified classification system. We are using a modified version of the CASC-OR SOLO I classifying system that lists cars in their stock form based on HP to weight ratios and an handling index. This list gives us a starting percentage.
We have modified this a bit for SOLO II and put more emphasis on handling characteristics of cars.

Once we have established the percentage for your car in stock form, we asign points for any type of modifications. Better suspension, engine work, brakes, weight reduction, tires, etc. This will move you up into another class based on your accumulated points, or maybe leave you in the same class if you plan it propperly.

The MCO is using only 4 classes, this is very simplified since we do not have that many people comming to our events as in Toronto. Other clubs use a system that has sometimes over 30 different classes. Now there is often only one or two cars in certain classes and specially if you don't have that many competitors, there are some cars pretty lonely in their class. That's why we are using a different system.

See more here:
http://www.mco.org/cms/index.php?name=Content&pid=26

If you do not agree with the classification of your car you can certainly appeal it and argue your case. At that "Introdution to SOLO II" event they did not classify very strict and may have not put everyone in the right class. If you intend to compete further, you can certainly look up your car on that list in the link above and add up your modifications and then see were you end up.
Actually, it is up to the competitor to classify their own car. We just do a Tech inspection to make sure the cars are in safe conditions and help out with the right classing in case of questions.

Another point, don't be disapointed with a not so good finish at that last event. It's your first event, the ONLY WAY to get further up the ranks is not by getting "Go faster mods", it's SEAT TIME. My car is well sorted out but certainly not a supercar, but I beat much faster (on the street) cars on a regular basis. There is a guy in a stock Saturn in the lowest class (Class D) who beats most of the time the fastest cars in class C. You want to get good in driving, you've got to invest some time (SEAT TIME).

Hope to see some of you out again at an event.

Klaus

85 325es
CASC-OR Regional Auto-X Series 2009 and 2010 1st place in D/Mod
Ontario Time Attack Series 2011 1st place in SGT2
msix is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: