Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-21-2005, 03:58 AM   #1
500HP Member
Anyone can help me with a financing? Have a question too.

Ok my question is, I wanna take a finance for a bike ( kinda short on $$ to buy one out ) but few guys told me there's no way im getting finance because:

1. I have no Social Insurance # ( im in a middle of getting my landed papers.)

2. I have no assets ( Just bought a house and we had to take a mortage under my wifes name, again coz i'm not landed yet )

The car i'm leasing is under my name, the way it worked is i signed my mom as a "guarantee" ( she has property assets) and they were fine with it.

Would somthing like ^^^ this work if i sign my wife? Or maybe you can suggest some Finance company that i can talk to? COz really i have no probs paying 300 bucks a month for a bike... HELP. Sugestions?

Want to ride this summer
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:06 AM   #2
wouldu like some tinfoil?
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
The car i'm leasing is under my name, the way it worked is i signed my mom as a "guarantee" ( she has property assets) and they were fine with it.

Would somthing like ^^^ this work if i sign my wife?
yeah thats called a "co-signer" basicaly they are responsible
if you mess up
it doesn't help your credit at all, but helps the person "signing"
as they are the ones being approved for the credit..

cheaper then Financing from the bike dealer would be getting a
Line of credit from whomever's Bank that's "co-signing"

you could try smaller money lenders, (for yourself in your name)
but prepare to get raped on the interest%
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 03:56 AM   #3
1st Gear Newbie
AMG, if you have been aprvd for landed status u are im much better shape bcuz ur perminent. I'm assuming your early in your process and may not have any approval till after summer If this is the case going with a co is your best bet to avoid high interest. Just keep in mind that both yourself and the co-jo will take equal responsibility for the loan, Meaning that if its for 10K then the outstanding will show on both bureau's untill it's payed off. If u want ride then try and land first an unsecured line with your bank and buy a used bike 4-7K. Or If you own a home go for a secured line against the house at near prime rate.
BTW I've only been able to secure 30-40 "9 sin" clients out of over 6000 deals in 7 years with no co-signer. Good Luck and remember not to shop your credit too much as it will show as a inquiry every time u apply.

Learn to drive then you can blame the car.

CATALYST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #4
do u have any papers at all
if so i can most likely get u a small loan from one of my connections....totaly legit
pm me for details....
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: