Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-29-2002, 12:08 AM   #16
e30_325_s52
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to e30_325_s52 Send a message via AIM to e30_325_s52 Send a message via Yahoo to e30_325_s52

Quote:
Originally posted by 325Ryan

If i had a kit car that wasnt the fastest thing, I just wouldnt race it! Anyone with a real ferrari prolly isnt going to race you. In my experience they wont even look at you! It's just a pickin up chicks and being pimped car [/b]
dude ur rite on that...i wouldnt race a 6 digit car..unless it was a 7 digit car...and thats the mclaren f1..then i would only race top hand cars....and no thats dosent mean some gay civics...wit primer..haha..and no...if u put a side skirts on ur car...it dosent give u hp.....for all u honda/acura people out there
e30_325_s52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 01:40 PM   #17
pip328
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to pip328
you think it may be possible to put one of these lambo kits on an mx3 or integra? dont ask why i picked these cars.. lol.. just top of my head cause the sites ive been reading, these people have been building their own chassis and shit, id just like to put on a kit on a decent ( if you can call an integra...decent... if not, shoot me ) car and just take it cruising.. call me a poser but it seems like a fun project
Old 11-12-2002, 02:27 PM   #18
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by pip328
you think it may be possible to put one of these lambo kits on an mx3 or integra? dont ask why i picked these cars.. lol.. just top of my head cause the sites ive been reading, these people have been building their own chassis and shit, id just like to put on a kit on a decent ( if you can call an integra...decent... if not, shoot me ) car and just take it cruising.. call me a poser but it seems like a fun project
no, no way at all will it ever work or even look remotely like a lambo in the end.

you need to pick a fiero or MR2 because of it being mid-engine, and the fiero uses a cage-like chassis instead of a uni-body chassis so it makes it possible to modify the frame extensively

you can buy bare chassis from certain places...all it is is the bare frame and axles. You provide the wheels, engine, tranny, and all the other good stuff

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 11-12-2002 at 02:30 PM.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 03:55 PM   #19
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
hey dj contra u think u could give my auto teacher some tips regarding the convertable top and any other questions hes got?

Id probably help I was sposed to email him and show him this thread like 3 weeks ago heh

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 04:28 PM   #20
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I could provide some answers as to how to safely cut the roof off and install an Xbrace to strengthen the frame underneath
but as for the actual install of the convertible top, i had specialty place install it for me that had prior experience converting coupes to convertibles. They designed the fabric and the rodes and linkages for the whole thing

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 11-12-2002, 06:32 PM   #21
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
The roofs already been cut off as u can see in the pics

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 04:42 PM   #22
E36COMPACT
2nd Gear Member

djcontra.....that ferrrari you built is amazing, post some pics if you find them.....how did you get started with kit cars??? i wish i had the cash and the know-how to do a project like that.....not being the real thing isnt the point, its more of being able to create something from scratch....and shit your ferrari looks real in that pic......how does it sound?
E36COMPACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 04:52 PM   #23
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Quote:
Originally posted by E36COMPACT
djcontra.....that ferrrari you built is amazing, post some pics if you find them.....how did you get started with kit cars??? i wish i had the cash and the know-how to do a project like that.....not being the real thing isnt the point, its more of being able to create something from scratch....and shit your ferrari looks real in that pic......how does it sound?
Thanks!
I got started with kitcars when I was big into fieros back in '98.
I owned 3 fieros at the time, and instead of junking the third one which i used and abused as a parts car i decided to use the chassis for a kitcar. At the same time i also got a job at an ISP so it helped pay for everything.
The donor car i used had an engine fire in it, and most of the body panels had melted away and the engine was toast, but everything else was great! I ended up dropping in a supercharged northstar engine (production engine from the caddy sts's i think) and it sounds almost like a corvette without the cats on the exhaust!
The biggest problem I had was with some of the pulleys not having any space to fit in the engine bay so they poke through the wheel well on the passenger side a little to fit. The other problem i had was getting a custom flywheel made to mount the engine to my getrag 5spd tranny from the fiero.
Thankfully the ECU came with the engine and i didn't need to figure out most of the pipe dream of wiring to the engine.
I'm still looking for those pictures, my dad thinks he has them in a photoalbum at his work.

i can't wait to move into my own place next year because i can take the thing out of storage and park it at my next place. We just dont have the driveway space at my current house right now to keep it around.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Display Modes Rate This Thread