Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Advice for beginning weight training.

So I finally decided to start working out. I go with my buddy and use his routine for now.
Monday: Chest shoulders
Tuesday Legs Triceps Abs
Wednsday: Back, Biceps

I was just wondering how long its going to hurt like **** after, and also what kind of stretching should I do before a routine, he doesnt do any I followed his lead but I think part of the reason I am so sore is because I didn't stretch.

Any tips sites etc would help.

(too lazy to search through that huge thread from before)

TIA.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
try to do chest and tri-ceps together they compliment eachother when u work out so its like doing both mucles together!
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
jeffrie
Addict

Depends on what you want..... Endurance or power.
You'll always burn if you want power if not your doing something wrong as in your body is adapting (endurance). Your body does adapt fast, so you have to change exercises often that is how you get stronger. Stretching is for mobility not to releive the sore feeling.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
speedracer525i
2nd Gear Member

Chest and tri back and bi abs every day and leggs when you don't need them. Not on a work night ya no. And not on a fryday, you will need them to cary that babe to bed. Understand.
speedracer525i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:49 PM   #5
kobim3r
3rd Gear Member

depends of what your goals are...
you should meet with an actual personal trainer and discuss what you aim to gain. depending on how many days a week you work out you might want to isolate bigger muscles like biceps and chest and do them on their own, it's no always best to stack workouts that complement eachother like back and bi's ecause by the time you've done your back workout your arms are on fire and you can't get a solid bi workout goin. This isnt always the case, again it depends on your goals, do you just want to get into shape or are you goin to get huge?

it's gonna hurt like a biotch for a few weeks than you'll get used to it
Old 05-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #6
kobim3r
3rd Gear Member

As for legs I hate legs and I never do em...

small legs make your upper body look bigger
Old 05-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #7
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
I dont want to get huge, I am just skinny and wanted some definition and more muscle mass for bike control.

I work on my legs for riding, they are in pretty good shape but better is better. My legs actually don't hurt much at all just my chest is still stupid stiff.

I heard working the same muscles everyday is bad.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Here you go this might help you...There's alot of reading but it will help you.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...=body+building

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #9
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer

I heard working the same muscles everyday is bad.
only bad if you want to get actually weaker, not letting your muscles heal after a work out (minum 48 hours) can damage them, cause them to grow deformed and you will actually become weaker
Old 05-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #10
jeffrie
Addict

^^ only weaker becuase you tore fibers. Once healed your stronger. Kind of like welding. working too much isn''t damaging or risk deformation. It simply wasted energy.
Once the muscel fiber is torn it's going to heal stronger no point to keep going unless you really want to, the gain will be minimal and gives your body more time to adapt to your routein (a bad thing).

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 11:07 AM   #11
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
^^ only weaker becuase you tore fibers. Once healed your stronger. Kind of like welding. working too much isn''t damaging or risk deformation. It simply wasted energy.
Once the muscel fiber is torn it's going to heal stronger no point to keep going unless you really want to, the gain will be minimal and gives your body more time to adapt to your routein (a bad thing).
not true entirly

if you work out the same muscle every day your not giving it a chance to heal therefor the muscle fibe that tore will tear even more and so forth so it will never have a chance to rebuild itself, but nothing ever heals overnight right? so some parts of the muscle will have partially healed where as others will still be torn and unhealed, this is what causes the de-formation, some parts of the muscle will be healed and be ready for a work out again where as other parts of the muscle will not be ready, kind of hard to explain but i think i did a decent job

massive repeadness of this will cause the muscle to grow deformed as it never had a chance to completly heal every time
Old 05-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #12
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
From riding, if you're anything like me your quads, calves, gluets, upper and lower back, and triceps are in fairly decent shape. Seeing that those are the main stability muscle for any sort of riding, and jumping just adds more strength to your back and triceps. So try to work around those muscles, like you can try to do legs and back, but you're probably not going to be happy the next day when you have the sudden urge to go riding. I know for me my biggest weaknesses are my forearms, biceps, shoulders, delts, lats, everything on the front of my torso, and hamstrings.

And yeah, stretching is where it's at. It's saved me more then once in crashes, you want your body to be as plyable as possible in those rag doll situations.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
speedracer525i
2nd Gear Member

Mote Bike Control???????? Ever hear of TRAINING WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
speedracer525i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: