Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Revshot Feedback - Be wary of letting him in your engine bay

As you all know I was looking for someone to change my starter when RevShot messaged me and said he could do it.

I drive out to Niagara Falls (from Toronto) as that's where he lives in the middle of rush hour and end up getting there about an hour late. He starts working on the car and off come the fuel rails, manifold, and everything else around that general area.

So he's working on the car for hours and hours and can't seem to get one of the bolts for the starter out. We decide to cut the losses as he needs to get to work and its probably about 9-10pm now and he starts to put everything back together but its quite obvious has in a rush now as its almost time for him to go to work and chances are has going to be late.

So we get everything back together and fuel starts to spray out of the injectors all over the engine. Turns out he didn't put them in enough and didn't clip them to the right groove on the injectors. Some of the plastic injector clips near the nozzle were also broken on a couple of the injectors. He manages to get the injectors on once I inform him they're not properly clipped (after I spent time looking at his car).

This whole time Jay's dad is coming out and insinuating/pressuring jay to basically leave me high and dry to figure out the problems with my car which his son caused so his son could go to work and get there on time.

So we fire the car up and it isn't spraying fuel like some 2bit whore who just douched BUT the car idles extremely rough and stalls. He looks at me with the look on his face like "There isn't much I can do" so now i'm trying to figure out what the **** he did to my car. I figure out that he has left vacuum hoses off the intake manifold...And you know what he told me? "That's ok just keep the car above 2k RPM".... WTF? I bring my car to you with a starter problem now I got to worry about vacuum hoses and trying to keep my car running? AND you want me to drive on the highway for an hour+ like this?!

So he grabs some electrical tape and puts it over the area the vacuum lines were supposed to go into, fixed!

I take my car to Charlie (who I should have went to in the first place) and it took Charlie about 1.5 hours to replace my starter instead of 6+ hours and still not having my starter changed. Charlie pulled the tape RevShot put (which almost got sucked into my intake manifold) out and put the hoses back on right so my car ran the way it did before revshot touched it. Charlie also touched only a fraction of the engine parts that revshot did.

My Advice, take your car to Charlie or someone just as good as him who actually knows what they're doing. You'll get your car back in the same shape you gave it to them minus the problem you brought it to them for.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: