Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:03 AM   #1
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
~98 S4 vs 00 M Coupe

coming off the DVP exit heading west to 401 it's 2am in the morning and there's no traffic at all there's this slight curve that slows you down to 2nd gear on the roundabout.. the S4 was on front and when we gun it after 3rd I was a car legnt infront but after I hit 5th gear I started cruizing 170 and the freakin S4 flew like a mother wtf I saw him jump maybe 3 cars or something and by that time it was too late I didn't bother downshifting so I just floor it and it was dead even till 5th where I just walk him by a car lenght.

edit: it must be the turbo damn the thing kicks in late I remember the same thing that happened when before with my e36 m3 same gen S4 just flew after a few seconds and dead even till 5th

on another note.. after that adventure some weird looking xenon was approaching fast and I cruised to the slow lane and saw two identical kia rally cars.. they had four huge round halogen lights at the front!!!

Last edited by crusher; 04-05-2005 at 02:06 AM.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:40 AM   #2
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher
coming off the DVP exit heading west to 401 it's 2am in the morning and there's no traffic at all there's this slight curve that slows you down to 2nd gear on the roundabout.. the S4 was on front and when we gun it after 3rd I was a car legnt infront but after I hit 5th gear I started cruizing 170 and the freakin S4 flew like a mother wtf I saw him jump maybe 3 cars or something and by that time it was too late I didn't bother downshifting so I just floor it and it was dead even till 5th where I just walk him by a car lenght.

edit: it must be the turbo damn the thing kicks in late I remember the same thing that happened when before with my e36 m3 same gen S4 just flew after a few seconds and dead even till 5th
Interesting Nice kill though Anyhow, the turbo's on the B5 S4's are very small, so boost is almost instantaneous but they run out of steam at the higher rpms, so I can't see how it kicks in late. Even the AA Stage II turbo for the E36 M3's are larger and they don't kick in that late (sat in two before). I've sat in a B5 S4 (APR 5.0 Chip, APR Exhaust, Achtuning Intercooler) and no way did the turbo kick in late. It must've been a stock S4 because a chip and exhaust modded S4 will give E36 M3's or Mcoupes a run; in fact they're closer to the E46 M3.

EDIT: Wait a second I just saw the S4 being a 1998 model and realized the one I talked about was a 2000 model. Does it look like this S4? I may have misunderstood which model you meant...

Last edited by 330DTM; 04-05-2005 at 04:45 AM.
330DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
windwagen
6th Gear Member

The latest S4 is a 340HP V8...no? But then the AWD will eat about 150 of those Horses..ha ha ..oops it says 98.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:50 AM   #4
crusher
OMGHI2U2

it's the older one so it's 250hp.. i will not stand against the S4 V8 heheh but will still be a fun run
Old 04-08-2005, 12:52 AM   #5
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328DTM
EDIT: Wait a second I just saw the S4 being a 1998 model and realized the one I talked about was a 2000 model. Does it look like this S4? I may have misunderstood which model you meant...
Ya, its the older one just like the one on the pic.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2005, 03:23 AM   #6
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher
Ya, its the older one just like the one on the pic.

Jeff
Yeah the older S4 (B5) began sellling in 2000.

The latest S4 with the V8 isn't turbocharged.

Anyhow, I find it fishy how you said the the B5 S4 had quite some turbo lag. I'm not here to flame at you, but I'm trying to make the comparison sound within reason.
Old 04-10-2005, 12:05 AM   #7
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328DTM
Yeah the older S4 (B5) began sellling in 2000.

The latest S4 with the V8 isn't turbocharged.

Anyhow, I find it fishy how you said the the B5 S4 had quite some turbo lag. I'm not here to flame at you, but I'm trying to make the comparison sound within reason.
no offence taken.. its most likely that he took a really late downshift to catch up or he miss a gear? who knows

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: