Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Suspension & Brakes
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
igbastian
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to igbastian
Thumbs up New E30 Bilstein BTS Suspension Kit!

New Bilstein BTS-7511 Suspension Kit

I have in my possession one complete suspension kit for E30, which includes a matched set of shocks and springs. To the best of my knowledge this kit is not the easiest to find in Canada and is quite a good upgrade to a sportier, stiffer ride. Bilstein doesn't really provide the information of how much it will lower your car, but I have it on good authority that it will drop the car 1.5". I would like $1050+Tax for this kit, which will include Bilstein's Limited Lifetime warranty - something you don't get if you buy used shocks and springs.

I sold one of these kits for E36 not too long ago and I will provide this link to the thread so you can get a better idea from other max members of how the kit feels on the car.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48508

Email igb@sympatico.ca or PM if interested. Also Email for pics. I wasn't able to upload them for some reason. I will try again later.

Thanks,

Ian

PS: Other discount OEM BMW parts still available. Email requests.
igbastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
It's 1.25" all around, usually settles a bit lower. The BTS kit uses H&R Sport springs, for anyone that was curious.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #3
phaust
whooop whooop
 
phaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Quebec
Posts: 717
just installed mine today.. this kit is AWESOME

bump for a great seller and a great products!
phaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:34 AM   #4
igbastian
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to igbastian
H&R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
It's 1.25" all around, usually settles a bit lower. The BTS kit uses H&R Sport springs, for anyone that was curious.
So did Bilstein get H&R to make their springs specifically for the kit? The springs say bilstein on them but I since they don't really make springs it would be easy to believe that they are outsourced.

PS: Thanks Phaust for the bump. I'm glad you like the kit!
igbastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:40 PM   #5
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
Yes, they are rebadged H&R springs. Exact same specs from what I understand.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:51 AM   #6
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Lightbulb I'm pretty sure BTS comes w/ Hyperco springs.....

that is if they are similar to my E36 Bilstein BTS Kit that I just recently installed.
Hyperco is a US manufacturer of racing springs (hypercoils) which are utilized in a wide variety of applications from Formula One to NASCAR to Late Models (Dirt and Pavement) to Silver Crown, Sprint and Midgets.
Apparently Bilstein commissioned them to custom design springs for theit BTS kits.
The kits were tuned by means of extensive testing on each individual vehicle application.
Sadly Bilstein didn't do a very good job marketing their kits, which might explain their low price.
Considering that each BTS Kit is a custom application, they should retail for at least $300-$400 more.
Hope the info helps.....I got it by calling Bilstein USA...when I looked into buying my BTS Kit back in the fall of '04.

Best,

Marv
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #7
igbastian
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 155
Send a message via MSN to igbastian
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN 3
that is if they are similar to my E36 Bilstein BTS Kit that I just recently installed.
Hyperco is a US manufacturer of racing springs (hypercoils) which are utilized in a wide variety of applications from Formula One to NASCAR to Late Models (Dirt and Pavement) to Silver Crown, Sprint and Midgets.
Apparently Bilstein commissioned them to custom design springs for theit BTS kits.
The kits were tuned by means of extensive testing on each individual vehicle application.
Sadly Bilstein didn't do a very good job marketing their kits, which might explain their low price.
Considering that each BTS Kit is a custom application, they should retail for at least $300-$400 more.
Hope the info helps.....I got it by calling Bilstein USA...when I looked into buying my BTS Kit back in the fall of '04.
Thanks for the bump/info. Before reading this, I was considering parting this kit out because I saw used stuff (Bilstein/Eibach) sell for roughly the same price on Max, except parted out. But I think the kit should be sold as one. I used your info for an Ad on Roadfly. Hope you don't mind.

The E36 kit is still available as well.

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51343
igbastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:45 AM   #8
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,194
Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Don't mind at all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by igbastian
Thanks for the bump/info. Before reading this, I was considering parting this kit out because I saw used stuff (Bilstein/Eibach) sell for roughly the same price on Max, except parted out. But I think the kit should be sold as one. I used your info for an Ad on Roadfly. Hope you don't mind.

The E36 kit is still available as well.

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51343

was glad to be of help.
Also wanted to confirm that your price is very reasonable.
Someone should jump on this or they'll be sorry to see it go on another board.

Best of Luck,

Marv.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.