Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-07-2002, 02:44 AM   #1
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Unhappy 6 inches of snow, meet my 17"rims and tires =(

Well this weekend past, I decided to drive to my friends cottage on Lake Muskoka in Gravenhurst. Well I still have the HRTZ's 225/z45/17 still on, and that would be a problem. When I drove up there friday night, no snow, great. I wake up the next morning to 6-8 inches on snow on the ground and on my car. SHIT! Lets just say I couldn't make it out of my friends driveway. My friend has an 2000 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro with the S4 rims, and he was laughing because he said the all wheel drive would get him out. Anyways, I called CAA, and 1 hour later, they came with a flatbed towtruck, and drove me to the main road. It was embarassing, and as for my friend with the A4, he called CAA as well after going into a ditch.
Luckily it was free with my membership, but that was the scariest drive home from the cottage ever. When I hit a patch of slush, I thought I was going to lose it. Looks like the ugly 15"s will be going on with the Pirelli snowsports 210's.
Cheers
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 03:08 AM   #2
mkgino
6th Gear Member

I hate driving my car in the snow, usually I store it just after the first snowfall, and that first one is the worst. Sliding all around the place is crap, I really hate it, I see everyone flying by me and laughing at 60 km/h while I drive like 20km/h and all I think is............oh man if it was only the summer..............
Old 11-07-2002, 09:09 AM   #3
pip328
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to pip328
man i sometimes hate winter especially when I have to put on my crappy 16" rims instead of my 17". they are so ugly that I actually am considering in wrapping the rims with aluminum foil and painting the BMW emblem on it.. it would make the car look 10x nicer then it is now with the shitty rims on it.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #4
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
I love driving in the winter, what are you guys talking about?
So fun when you slide and save it. Not to say I attempt on a 100km/h road. heh...
But still, winter driving did not scare me when I drove the Bimmer. Piece of cake Only downside is losers who drive like mad-freaks and lose control and may hit YOU. Other than that, I love winter driving!

Oh yeah, you should be amazed, how an A4 quattro can drive in the snow with summer tires! my friend did that last year with pretty deep snow. Still driveable, better than my all season tires, haha, esp. for starts.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:07 PM   #5
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:
Originally posted by 328DTM
I love driving in the winter, what are you guys talking about?
So fun when you slide and save it. Not to say I attempt on a 100km/h road. heh...
But still, winter driving did not scare me when I drove the Bimmer. Piece of cake Only downside is losers who drive like mad-freaks and lose control and may hit YOU. Other than that, I love winter driving!

Oh yeah, you should be amazed, how an A4 quattro can drive in the snow with summer tires! my friend did that last year with pretty deep snow. Still driveable, better than my all season tires, haha, esp. for starts.
winter driving is a lot of fun when nobody is around and ur all byurself. especially when getting off work at 3;00am and u have three lanes to have fun. i tried once to slide thru a corner but didn't turn off traction control hehe. and i started counter steering and t/c kicks in and get's the car back in shape and i'm going straight for a light pole. i was lucky there was a pile of snow there hehe and i ended up on top of it. just reversed it and back home
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 07:39 PM   #6
luvnmy323
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via AIM to luvnmy323
I"m getting a 323i somehow it doesn't look like yours though ummmmm
luvnmy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 10:37 PM   #7
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

About that time again

Damn that musta suck... calling a flat bed just to get out a drive way This year I waited alittle longer than usually to switch my rims. I have to buy new rubber for the chromies, so I might as well use them till they are bald. Its kinda scary driving in the rain though. My car starts to Hydoplane and I have no control. This week or next week for sure the 15"'s are going back on. I also decided to raise my car all the way up this winter. I don't need to snow plow my street anymore . It may look gay, but I don't want to run in the same problem as Jay.

Having a rear-wheel car in the winter makes it so much more fun
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: