Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-05-2002, 04:59 AM   #1
mkgino
6th Gear Member

New Acura NSX

Well, I went to Acura Canada and took a look at some of the specs of the new Acura NSX. I think it looks really nice!! The faster one has a 3.2L 290hp engine and about 224 torque. Not bad, I also like the look of it too, best acura I have ever seen. So Im thinking what a nice car to drive around. Lots of power, 6spd nice lines, great sporty shape etc. There is nothing wrong with this car and Im thinking, so its a great car right?? HA, until I saw the MSRP. Can you believe that this thing costs $142 000 base price!?!???!?!?!? I couldnt believe it! WOW, I cant wait to hear the reviews, of the most overpriced car of the year. Just to give you some perspective, thats more expensive than the M5!!! Its about 45k less expensive than the Z8. And I thought that BMW's were overpriced....but not anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nsx.jpg (20.5 KB, 163 views)

Last edited by mkgino; 11-05-2002 at 05:01 AM.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:11 AM   #2
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Oh man theres this really really fat FAT blonde girl who has an orange one, I think she got it early or something, because i've been seeng it on her driveway for the past 4 months. She like takes up the entire driver seat, its NASTY.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:33 AM   #3
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
there's one in the display window at the Acura dealership on eglington and markham rd area
it looks SICK!

The handling on the nsx is something to admire. I remember seeing 2 racing nsx's at mosport years ago duking it out with porsche 911's and lemans dodge viper cars. The nsx's had such an advantage that they could take all the turns at full speen without braking much if at all! It was almost like they were glued to the track and could do a 90degree turn at will.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 11-05-2002 at 08:36 AM.
djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:05 AM   #4
GladdoM3
5th Gear Member

I know. the NSX have amazing handling when modified. I want to get on to start racing in, and convert it to a single seater. Middle seat. Oh that would be FUN !!

Sold My M3. Got a New Subaru STI
GladdoM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 12:40 PM   #5
IVAN
5th Gear Member

Mkgino belief me That car is not worth even 100K.

That is why there are no many NSX on the road but You see Porcshes , Z8, SL600 ....all these cars cost more then NSX and of course everyone would would prefer to buy Z8,SL,PORCSH....then overpriced NSX.

Personaly for 140K I would rather buy M5 or 750iL ...

Nowdays Japanase shoe-boxes on four wheels are kinda gettin' expensive so I do not see why BMW is overpriced ..
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #6
Mclarenbenz
4th Gear Member

Guys I have been an Acura fan ever since I baught my Acura Legend 4 years ago so naturaly I admired the NSX, but I think they have gone too far, I was thinking the same thing myself and I guess I am not on my own on this one, I mean 142 000 thats crazy, with 142000 you can buy a 95/98 Ferrari 355, here at an Acura dealership in Winnipeg they have had a 94 NSX for sale for 6 years they want 70,000 thats out of this world. The prices on these cars do not wan't to drop, especialy here in Canada because they were overly priced to begin with and no one wants to lose their money.
Mclarenbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

its that expensive because its made of aluminum and the whole thing is entirely hand built. DaveM3 had the older style NSX, he told me it wasnt that much of a supercar.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:20 PM   #8
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
nice looking but less torque than my coupe. snicker.

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:35 PM   #9
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

bro

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
Oh man theres this really really fat FAT blonde girl who has an orange one, I think she got it early or something, because i've been seeng it on her driveway for the past 4 months. She like takes up the entire driver seat, its NASTY.

bro get some pix of her in the nsx maqe us laught she must be fat to taqe up all that space? lol
come on get some pix!
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 07:01 PM   #10
hawai-Ian
3rd Gear Member

Speaking of NSX

is this single seater?

http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/race...ybrig100-1.jpg
Old 11-06-2002, 09:29 PM   #11
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by djcontra
there's one in the display window at the Acura dealership on eglington and markham rd area
it looks SICK!

The handling on the nsx is something to admire. I remember seeing 2 racing nsx's at mosport years ago duking it out with porsche 911's and lemans dodge viper cars. The nsx's had such an advantage that they could take all the turns at full speen without braking much if at all! It was almost like they were glued to the track and could do a 90degree turn at will.
You sure about that? You know what people have to say about Porsche drivers that race at the track right? They have no friggin clue what they are doing. NSX's are known for their mild understeer and lack of driver involvement in the car. And for $160,000 (older style) wow I would buy so many other nicer cars.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 11:32 PM   #12
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

That thing is a wast of money.. just goes to show you how stuped Acura/Honda is. and whats with 290 hp? you can get that in a $30,000 car. and for the glued to the road crap.. it better be glued to the road because your wallet will be glued to the dealership.

gutless NSX crap
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 03:32 AM   #13
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
Always loved the NSX, that looks sweet. I don't know if I would pay that amount for an NSX, thats probably the reason why you don't see them around so much, THE PRICE, LoL
Peace
Jay

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: