Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-29-2005, 10:23 PM   #1
03 Dinan 3
3rd Gear Member

Jetta 1.8t

Well I was driving around and was on Dorval and got a light with a Jetta. He had some pretty nice rims (summers probably - I still had my winters ) He advanced a little bit and I saw that it was a 1.8t. I had never raced one before and didn't know much about their speed. They're one of the better Jetta's right?
So the light goes green and I didn't launch cuz I wasn't sure if he was going or not (he never revved back), but I accelerated hard through first anyways and he had punched it. He started half a car length ahead of my for some reason...Anyways, I caught up to him easily in first and had him around my back windows. It stayed like that until the end of 3rd gear for me when I shut her down. He didn't wave or anything, he took the next turn. I think someone was upset...
Anyways, good times.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
maxx318i
BMW Individual

Send a message via ICQ to maxx318i Send a message via MSN to maxx318i
You have a Dinan tuned 325ci (the crazy shit Dinan does)......He can't be upset, he shouldn't even think about having a chance with this BMW, any BMW. The 1.8t does have a decent acceleration, unlike the horrible lag in their V6 passats, but I'll be on their side and passing them so fast (if its just me in the car).

Sweet ride.... you have..

SAFETY BY EDUCATION, NOT SPEED ENFORCEMENT
maxx318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
Manimillion
Photographer

Must have been stock... So many quick/fast 1.8t's runing around in Ottawa, I think twice before going against one.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:59 AM   #4
03 Dinan 3
3rd Gear Member

how fast are 1.8t's 0-60 anyways?

If stock ones aren't supposed to be really fast, then this one must have had a chip and exhaust or something along those lines..
Old 03-30-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
eh?
Slow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 Dinan 3
how fast are 1.8t's 0-60 anyways?

If stock ones aren't supposed to be really fast, then this one must have had a chip and exhaust or something along those lines..
A 2001+ 1.8T with a chip and turbo-back exhaust usually makes around 190 whp and 230 wtq. Still not all that fast.
eh? is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: