Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-30-2002, 02:54 PM   #16
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by MIKES
I take this stuff very seriously. Ruining someones sale is not cool. And for this guy to pull out a blue book that applys for the United States only is rediculous. The demand market in the States to Canada is totally different. I don't appreciate people screwing around with my sale because I would not do that to somebody else. My car is worth every penny and more. I don't need this flake taken cheap shots at my car and he has not even seen it. My car is fairly priced and is in above average condition.
Don't mean to burst your bubble and I'm not trying to ruin your sale. I think since this forum is all about BMW discussions anyone is allowed to make their own opinion. Just like if I posted something that was overpriced and someone said it was a rip off, I would not get upset, especially if they had proof.

Honestly, your car is overpriced. Look around, a 1992 non VANOS is no way worth $15,000, I can get a 1993-1994 325 w/ VANOS for $14,500 so mkgino isn't lying. However, if you post your car here for sale, it is open to be critisized.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 03:10 PM   #17
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Ok I was not taking cheap shots at your car, Im just being fair for the other members to see the other side of what your car is. Dont get upset with me, Im not trying to blow your sale, Im just stating the facts. I think your car is nice, it looks exactly like mine and Im not discrediting the fact that its a clean car with a nice clean title. Im only saying that the price you are asking for that car is the price a dealer would ask for. I have never personally insulted you on this board once, I am just saying what I dont like about your car (like the M3 badge). Dude I hope you sell your car, and get lots of money for it, but this is a forum where people can post their honest opinions about things. Now your honest opinion is that your car is worth $15 500, but I dont think this is the case for a car that is almost 11 years old. That price seems like one that a dealership would charge. Look here in the Canadian auto trader:

http://search.trader.ca/Results.asp?...nm=325IS&CAT=1

You can see that the range in prices is from $10 900 to $14 900, with the higher end prices being what dealerships charge.....so Im not trying to insult you here Im merely stating the facts. I have no problem here with you and I hope that even after you sell your car that you you still stay here and post on maxbimmer. Remember that you were the one insulting me with things like "flake" and "asshole". If anything is ruining your sale its not me.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 10-30-2002, 03:12 PM   #18
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Autotechnica

Don't mean to burst your bubble and I'm not trying to ruin your sale. I think since this forum is all about BMW discussions anyone is allowed to make their own opinion. Just like if I posted something that was overpriced and someone said it was a rip off, I would not get upset, especially if they had proof.

Honestly, your car is overpriced. Look around, a 1992 non VANOS is no way worth $15,000, I can get a 1993-1994 325 w/ VANOS for $14,500 so mkgino isn't lying. However, if you post your car here for sale, it is open to be critisized.

Bryan
Thank you Autotechnica, that is just what I was trying to say, dont get upset with me MIKES, I mean no disrespect. You can see in the second post just after you described the car (my first post in this thread) I informed another member "djcontra" that this car was for sale since he is looking for an early year E36 325is.

Last edited by mkgino; 10-30-2002 at 03:18 PM.
mkgino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 04:15 PM   #19
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

I have looked in the autotrader for 92 325IS BMW's. Yes they go for $10900(rough shape, high kms) to $15000(mint ones , low kms with all service records and second owner). If cheap is what people look for when buying a car, they are the ones thats going to have the problems. If they are cheap there is a reason why. People don't sell good cars for peanuts. I don't want a car with more then 3 owners on it for a 92. That means its a problem child and knowbody wants it. I have what majority of serious buyers are looking for. Clean title, clean car, all service records (shows true vechile maintance), low kms, doesn't burn any oil, drives and rides like new. I paid alot more when I bought it because thats what I was looking for when I went out test driving BMW's. I don't want a headache car or a fix me up. You go cheap you go twice. This car has caused me no problems and the next owner will appreciate that. You can't put a price tag on a good well maintained car with these attributes. So thats why I said, if your not interested don't post your opinion. This is not a general discussion board, this is the classified ads that are here for serious buyers and sellers. Its not open for opinions ask the owner of the site, it eats up bandwidth on the server. Its there for buying and selling purposes, and if your not buying whats the point of throwing in your 2 cents? Thats what I am getting at. So for you to tell me my car is worth 12000 max who is insulting who? By viewing your user info, mkgino is 22 and Autotechnica is 23 years old. You guys don't look for cars that are priced like mine because of your age brackets. When you reach my age you will have a totally different outlook on purchasing vechiles (no flame intended). At your age you want a deal and hope you get a good car out of it. Where I would rather spend a couple extra bucks to buy not nessessarily the best but the best for my money (like I said before no flame intended, but facts are facts). So lets sqwash this conversation and let me get on with selling my car please and thank you. I heard what you had to say and you have heard what I had to say.

Last edited by MIKES; 10-30-2002 at 04:20 PM.
MIKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 04:31 PM   #20
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
whether it's overpriced or not, i dont think anyone should say anything negative about a product somebody is selling unless they're trying to outright scam somebody. It's of nobody's right to criticize somebody's sale, because it's not going to help them out at all, it's only going to hurt their sale.

I was very motivated to see this car in person, but I've decided to hold out on buying my next bimmer until my current one is sold. I do have my eyes on a nice 1993 325is for about $9800 with only 88,000km's, but i'm trying to convince myself to wait...it's SOOOO Hard though!!!

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 04:54 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

DJcontra? if u dont mind...can you PM me with details onwhere you find these cars! MIKES..my brother is very interested in ur car, however he cant afford it...but good luck

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:38 PM   #22
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Quote:
Originally posted by MIKES
I have looked in the autotrader for 92 325IS BMW's. Yes they go for $10900(rough shape, high kms) to $15000(mint ones , low kms with all service records and second owner). If cheap is what people look for when buying a car, they are the ones thats going to have the problems. If they are cheap there is a reason why. People don't sell good cars for peanuts. I don't want a car with more then 3 owners on it for a 92. That means its a problem child and knowbody wants it. I have what majority of serious buyers are looking for. Clean title, clean car, all service records (shows true vechile maintance), low kms, doesn't burn any oil, drives and rides like new. I paid alot more when I bought it because thats what I was looking for when I went out test driving BMW's. I don't want a headache car or a fix me up. You go cheap you go twice. This car has caused me no problems and the next owner will appreciate that. You can't put a price tag on a good well maintained car with these attributes. So thats why I said, if your not interested don't post your opinion. This is not a general discussion board, this is the classified ads that are here for serious buyers and sellers. Its not open for opinions ask the owner of the site, it eats up bandwidth on the server. Its there for buying and selling purposes, and if your not buying whats the point of throwing in your 2 cents? Thats what I am getting at. So for you to tell me my car is worth 12000 max who is insulting who? By viewing your user info, mkgino is 22 and Autotechnica is 23 years old. You guys don't look for cars that are priced like mine because of your age brackets. When you reach my age you will have a totally different outlook on purchasing vechiles (no flame intended). At your age you want a deal and hope you get a good car out of it. Where I would rather spend a couple extra bucks to buy not nessessarily the best but the best for my money (like I said before no flame intended, but facts are facts). So lets sqwash this conversation and let me get on with selling my car please and thank you. I heard what you had to say and you have heard what I had to say.
The purpose is simply to inform members on making the right decision. Many Maxbimmer members including me know people on this forum personally and see them quite often, so it would only be fair to make sure no one gets ripped off. I'm not saying your ripping anyone off, but if you ask for a lot of money people should be able to question your prices, interested or not. If you don't want this type of response and you only want interested buyers to reply, best to post in the Autotrader or Toronto Star personal ads.

There have been many cases where members have purchased the wrong item simply because the seller wasn't clear or they tried to sell something that wasn't meant for the buyers car. So putting in our "2 cents" is appropreiate at times. Like I said before, this is a public board, your posts are open to any sort of replies minus pointless bickering.

Good luck selling your car.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 10-30-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 03:22 AM   #23
IVAN
5th Gear Member

The car is in nice shape and what ever is worth it's expensive...I would not say anything negative but if u want it cheaper look around like a guy that found 93 325is for les..

There are CAN ppl here do not know what bmw is so U can get nice deal...
IVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 08:08 AM   #24
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

The ad says O.B.O. Thats not the final price. Its negotiable provided the buyer is seriously interested in purchasing the vechile. As for the Autotrader I am very well educated in pricing. You can't make a fair judgement call on just 2 weeks. Thats how long there in there for. I buy Autotraders all the time and I have seen mint ones like mine go for more, even rough ones for that matter. In the summer time they were going for alot more then what I was asking. Keep buying Autotraders and the price on this car will continuously flucuate. I am not hard up for money and I am not giving my car away, so as long as it takes to sell it, is cool with me. But every ass has a seat, and this is what some mature owner is looking for. Its just time before they see it. The first test drive with a serious buyer I can garrantee its sold.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #25
MIKES
2nd Gear Member

bump

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: