Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
KGB
1st Gear Newbie

Water pump replacement cost for 1997 540i?

Hello, just curious, how much does it cost to replace the water pump on the 540i '97? It seems to be making strange noises from time to time, must be ball bearing inside or something. The noise comes from the front of the car where the belts are, and sounds like a small model plane propeller kind of sound and creates some vibrations too. It only appears when the engine is idling, revving the engine makes it go away.

It looks like a water pump(not sure) or maybe a pulley with worn-out ball bearings. I stopped the fan during engine idling and the noise still continued, I pulled the fan blades backward and forward and that affected the noise too.

Will go to the mechanic tomorrow morning and will find out what it is.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU! BMW VIL RULE ZE VORLD!
KGB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: