Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name

Welcome to!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
King Sirex
market for PDA's/Palms

or whatever you call them.

Just like to know if any maxbimmer members have any PDA's and know of any decent ones that are the best bang for buck sort to speak.

Basically what I am looking for is something that

store phone numbers/emails/street address (so like an adress type book thing)
take notes on it, by either writing it on the screen with that magnet en or whatever it is, or using a fold up keyboard.
listen to/store mp3s
read email
has a decent GUI, that is user friendly.
colour display with decent resolution.
and some sort of networking capabilities. so say i was at like a store that has wireless hub that I can possibly connect too with it to check email and stuff liek that

just wonder if anyone knows of any good models that I should take a look at/ good companies.

thanks in advance.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #2
Classifieds Moderator
HP iPaq rx3115 its a fairly good one, it has lots of features. wi-fi, bluetooth.
It uses Windows Pocket PC edition, which I think is better than Palm OS, plus software is way eaiser to get, bucs its a windows platform. There is probably way more software out there for it compared to palm, making it easier to get for free.

Back to the ipaq, it can do all u mentioned, plus play video, games, control any tv, vcr, dvd, stereo. With a wireless connection you can check ur email suft the web even, also msn pocket edition if u wanted to go on msn with it.
Its windows based, so the GUI is what ur already used to. Colour screen is great.

It doesn't come with GPS built-in, you'd have to buy a bluetooth adapter sep + a keyboard if u wanted to take notes using PocketWord and transfer it to ur PC

Umm thats about it, so ya i'd go for a PocketPC based PDA, u have more options over palm.

If u have any questions limmi know, im slowly getting used to mine.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
King Sirex
awesome.. thanks for the help
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: