Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #1
geardown
2nd Gear Member

Ebay Question

Upon successfully winning a bid, let's say the item goes for $575 roughly besides shipping fees, what other fee's am I looking to pay ontop of this? anything else, or is that it? I've heard from another guy, theres brokerage fees, etc etc ,blah blah...is this true?
geardown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
Kickcity
1st Gear Newbie

not if he sends it USPS instead of UPS, ups you always get brokerage charges but usps they are so busy its liek 1 in 10 chance. Oh and make sure he marks it as a gift so there is hardly any way of getting a brokerage fee, other than that its just shipping on top of the final bid.
Kickcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
geardown
2nd Gear Member

Bomb.....Thanks for the heads up, also, say you win the bid, can u back out?

Let's say for whatever reason.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
SickFinga

Kickcity, not true

If item cost $575 marking it as gift wont do anything, they will still charge tax (15%)brokerage fee and they even might charge you duty(depends where item was made)

USPS always charge brokerage fee, its about 5-10 bucks though.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #5
geardown
2nd Gear Member

Well here's the response I got from Seller

"I'm not aware of any fee acessed, but if there is send me a copy of that fee through e-mail and I'll reimburse you back to your paypal account. so you only pay my shipping and handling fee and price of the product. I'm really not sure what a brokerage fee is though."
Old 02-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
geardown
2nd Gear Member

well my father lives in Florida, I could have it shipped to him, and get him to ship it to me, would this save me dollars?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:32 PM   #7
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
i always got charged by ups when i received packages from them, except this week when i got my headlights. i usually go with fedex though cause others charge brokerage fees. just tell the seller to send with fedex and mark it as a gift + lower the value and also pack the item well. last year i bought headlights for $600 and the seller sent it as a gift and declared a value of $1. no charges.
it never happened to me, but keep in mind if you do that and the item gets damaged, you get no money back. i bought many electronics off ebay and no problems so far.

p.s. brokerage fees can go up to (maybe more) $100
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:42 PM   #8
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
ok seings how i get stuff shipped 2-3 times a month to me from the states ill put my 2 cents in

having talked to the drivers and such this is the ways ive figured to get around the border taxes

have the item marked as a gift and have him put the value no more then $60 or they WILL charge you

do not send the seller any more money then cost of the item and shipping cost. brokerage fee's are payed when the item arrives at your door, in cash check or credit card

UPS is known for having the highest brokerage fee's just 2 weeks ago i had a UUC SS clutch line come in, i got 25 bucks in brokerage fee's on a $29 part

USPS is the cheapest for fee's but thats snail mail, fedex is next in line but are known for loosing things!

i have found the best way to ship things is have them shipped to buffalo NY at the UPS store there then pick it up and smuggle if across the boarder myself, infact tommorow im going to pick up 2 tires i order a couple weeks ago

hope this helps!
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #9
RO-bemve
2nd Gear Member

http://www.geoffellis.com/ebay.html <-- listen to this
kinda offtopic but what the hell...its hillarious
RO-bemve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: