Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
oldskool3
4th Gear Member

Career questions about real estate

I have just recently graduated from high school and I am taking a couple of university courses part time but I am seriously thinking about a career in real estate. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences in real estate. Just wondering how you get started and what they think of it and any other info they would like to share. Thanks a lot in advance.
oldskool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
Castel
4th Gear Member

i'm in university full time and plan on taking the cert. courses before i leave school, more for interest than anything else. i think you have to take both courses within 18th months of the first and i think total cost is <800$. it's not a bad gig, if you can network, dress well and present yourself in a manner that make you look like a tool i think you could do well.

that being said i know there are a few on here that are in the business so i'll let them speak up.
Castel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
E36cpe
2nd Gear Member

considering there are thousands of realtors, ANYBODY can get the license.. its a tough business unless your REALLY Good and got personality, confidence and alot of motivation.. oh yeha, its ALOT of work and your on the call 24/7..

you either make it or dont in the business...

Then again having money to invest in properties and fixing them up and selling for alot more.. THATS where hte $$$$ is
Old 02-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

My dad used to be a real estate agent. I remember he came back pissed one day because the company told him his car was too flashy to go see clients. Supposidely, if you drive to nice of a car, people your dealing with will think they are paying you too much.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
oldskool3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36cpe
Then again having money to invest in properties and fixing them up and selling for alot more.. THATS where hte $$$$ is
This is what I was hoping to get into I have been renovating houses with my Dads company for like 4 years now so I was hoping to build up enough money to buy fix and resell houses. Thats what I was hoping to do anyways. I figure I can do most of the work myself and save a lot of money that way. Anyways thanks for the help.
oldskool3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: